Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

traycraycray

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Does anyone know what the availability of iPhone 5's are right now? Are stores still out of stock/randomly getting stock?

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
I ordered my iPhone 5 from AT&T last Wednesday. They originally told me I'd have it by the 27th. I'm actually writing this post from it now since I received it on Monday.

Just order, you'll probably get it sooner than you think.

VandyChem2009

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
Pretty much every time I go into an Apple store these days someone is just coming in and buying one so if you live in the Houston area you will probably get one easily.

d0r1en0

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
San Diego
Does anyone know what the availability of iPhone 5's are right now? Are stores still out of stock/randomly getting stock?

I finally upgraded to the 5 last night. Purchased my 16 GB black AT&T model at the apple store in fashion valley, San Diego.

They only had AT&T & the 16 & 32 GB models. No 64 GB & they had both black & white.

RickD1225

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2012
Verizon just shipped my iPhone 5 a week earlier than expected. It was scheduled to ship this Friday and it shipped last Fri. It arrives today. Shipped from China.

atthecross

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2007
just ordered from verizon today, said ships by 11/16/12 went to apple store website still says 2-3wks

tvith

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2012
from experience, if you call the stores they're going to lie and say no, but if you walk in and speak you'll have a better chance...at least that's what happened to my sister and I was with her when we went to the store that said no over the phone.

Vell843

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2011
I was able to get my iPhone 5 from radio shack. I have a Verizon 16 GB black and the sales person said that they tend to have more Verizon models in stock b/c a lot of people by the AT&T model. Of course I called ahead before I went to make sure they have the model, color, and GB size I wanted. And they activated the phone with no problems and no scratches or anything.

southfrisco

macrumors member
May 24, 2009
The Apple store I was at the other day had a bunch at 4pm no less. Of course it depends on where you are located.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.