Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markus843

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
I heard about something called black friday, mentioned on the forums here alot, and I have no idea what it is. Can someone please explain? And will the prices for the rMbp's go down because of it?

Raptura

Suspended
Sep 6, 2008
Toronto, Canada / London, UK
You're from North America and haven't heard of Black Friday until now? That's odd.

Either way. Black Friday is a massive sale that happens across many retails chains on the Friday after Thanksgiving on Thursday in the United States. The sales usually run through the weekend and sometimes for a whole week. You'll find huge discounts in many stores, and it'll be the same with Apple. However, don't expect a huge drop in the price of the rMBP. Apple usually discounts around 50-100 dollars, from what I remember, on their Mac lineup. It could be more.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I heard about something called black friday, mentioned on the forums here alot, and I have no idea what it is. Can someone please explain? And will the prices for the rMbp's go down because of it?

Black Friday is when retail stores open at midnight and turn off all the lights. You then have 10 minutes to run through the store and grab whatever you can in the dark. Flashlights not allowed. You keep everything you can carry.

262Runnr

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2008
NC
black friday is when retail stores open at midnight and turn off all the lights. You then have 10 minutes to run through the store and grab whatever you can in the dark. Flashlights not allowed. You keep everything you can carry.

...lol.....:d

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
You're from North America and haven't heard of Black Friday until now? That's odd.

He didn't say he's from the U.S. though.

Canada's Thanksgiving was on October 8th and the day that follows it is always a Wednesday. There's no black friday.

AFAIK there's also no Thanksgiving or black friday in Mexico.

markus843

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
black friday is when retail stores open at midnight and turn off all the lights. You then have 10 minutes to run through the store and grab whatever you can in the dark. Flashlights not allowed. You keep everything you can carry.

Laughed so hard when I read this

Last edited:

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
He didn't say he's from the U.S. though.

Canada's Thanksgiving was on October 8th and the day that follows it is always a Wednesday. There's no black friday.

AFAIK there's also no Thanksgiving or black friday in Mexico.

LOL. Comeon if you are Canadian, you watch U.S. TV, you cross over to do shopping. We are practically joined at the hip!

Mexico... are they North America or Central America? Comeon, when people say NorteAmericanos, they are saying Gringos.

----------

And taxes kill any deal he could get with that discount

Technically he can file a refund claim when he goes back home.

Last edited:

markus843

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Well, I live in canada but we have something called Boxing day/week, but I find things more expensive than discounted..

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
Black Friday is nothing but a scam in my eyes. Yes there are some good deals out there, but for the most part its just retailers deceiving consumers into thinking they're getting a good deal while they're actually tricking them into spending more by putting them into debt.

Last edited:

markus843

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Black Friday is nothing but a scam in my eyes. Yes there are some good deals out there, but for the most part its just retailers deceiving consumers into thinking their getting a good deal while there actually tricking them into spending more by putting them into debt.

I agree with this ^

...And your signature gets me every time :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.