Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ettd88

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2012
I'm in the same boat (card charged, preordered minutes after preorders went live) and I've been stuck in preparing to ship for days since too but with a 64gb AT&T.

one of my minis stucked on prepared for shipment and no movment since monday. One of them shipped both att and 16gb one of them white and other black

GBR

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2012
Thanks for the reply.

Is your item scheduled for delivery Friday 11/16? Is yours coming "International Economy" or "Expedited" shipping? And where is it originating? Shanghai or Shenzhen?

Just trying to connect all the dots to see if there are any patterns.

Thanks.

Scheduled for delivery 11/16 by 10:30am, standard shipping, originated from Shenzhen. My most recent update as of 10:02pm local time was 'in transit' from Chek Lap Kok HK.

skyler286

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011
For those shipping from Shanghai, anyone know if FedEx will send it to Hong Kong or directly from Shanghai to Alaska?

AlanKA

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
Well I was one of the very first to order. And, my last name starts with "A".........so I've figured it out. They are going in reverse chronological order, and then reverse alphabetical order. That's it.

DarkAether

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
My 64GB ATT white mini that I placed an order for two minutes into the preorder with confirmation on 12:02 PST has been in "preparing to ship" limbo for the past few days and I cannot track through UPS or FedEx with reference.

My deliver date has gone from 23 to 21st to 16th to 20th and now back to 21st.

Don't take that as a definitive sign that yours hasn't been sent out yet. The reference number on my tracking info is not even close to being any of my phone numbers, so it appears that this is no longer a foolproof way to track.

pogiboi111

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
Still waiting on my 32GB AT&T Black/Slate to ship..

Stuck on the Preparing for Shipment, they put a HOLD my CC on 11/12, now it's gone.. :mad:

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
Looking for airplane buddies... Who else has similar tracking times? This is a 64GB Black AT&T ordered at first possible moment.

Nov 14, 2012 5:16 PM Left FedEx origin facility
SHANGHAI CN
Nov 13, 2012 11:11 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx
Nov 14, 2012 11:07 AM Picked upSHANGHAI CN

JalinLLC

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
I have the same tracking info as you and it looks like our iPad mini's are going directly from HongKong to Memphis on FedEx flight FDX98 that is scheduled to arrive ~9:45 CST this evening.

The latter spent 4 days on Lantau Island (this Mini was only there a few hours which I regard as a good sign) but it's touring different parts of the airport.

11/14/12 - Wednesday
10:02 pm
In transit
CHEK LAP KOK HK
2:53 pm
In transit
LANTAU ISLAND HK
- 11/13/2012 - Tuesday
11:58 pm
Left FedEx origin facility
SHENZHEN CN
9:03 am
Picked up
SHENZHEN CN
4:41 am
Shipment information sent to FedEX.

ettd88

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2012
I have the same tracking info as you and it looks like our iPad mini's are going directly from HongKong to Memphis on FedEx flight FDX98 that is scheduled to arrive ~9:45 CST this evening.

how did you get the flight info for Fedex?

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
Looking for airplane buddies... Who else has similar tracking times? This is a 64GB Black AT&T ordered at first possible moment.

Nov 14, 2012 5:16 PM Left FedEx origin facility
SHANGHAI CN
Nov 13, 2012 11:11 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx
Nov 14, 2012 11:07 AM Picked up SHANGHAI CN

Same departure time out of SHANGHAI!

- 11/14/2012 - Wednesday
5:16 pm
SHANGHAI CN
10:28 am
Picked up
SHANGHAI CN
- 11/13/2012 - Tuesday
10:13 pm
Shipment information sent to FedEx

in2tech

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2012
I Google'd "fedex flight schedule from hong kong" and near the top of the list was a link to -> www.helloflight.com/Flight/FDX98.cfm. The departure timing looked to coinside with the time stamp on our tracking so I am guessing that is the correct flight.

Being a Flight Simulator fan this is very interesting. If you click on the link you can see the actual plane, it's position, miles left to Memphis, speed, etc...I clicked on the white plane to see if I could see my iPad Mini in the plane :) Very good detective work JalinLLC...I think!

Sorry everyone, but looks like I got lucky in two instances! I ordered a Verizon (who knew they would ship first before the ATT), and I live right outside of Memphis, where their main hub and corporate offices are :) And apparently where my iPad Mini is heading...if the above person is correct!

Sorry, feel bad for other people still waiting till after the 16th! Of course we will see if it actually shows up on the 16th!

Last edited:

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
status update

just figured i'd participate with a status update as well since everyone is.

Order: less then 5 min after launch.
Model: ATT: Black: 64GB
Status change 1: Ships in 5 days status last week with Friday 16th next day air delivery est.
Status change 2: Preparing for shipment est Delivery Nov 20. a few days ago like everyone else.
Status change 3: ...... no change ..... stuck at preparing for shipment.

Notes:
I did call & get my date changed to the 16th & Next Day service early on (not because of a story on macrumors that everyone seemd to try to follow up on; I called before I read the story.
Also, not able to track by reference number, either order number or cell phone number.
Also, device not showing up on support page.

Action: If I don't get my order on Friday, and devices start popping on in stores on Friday, I'm going to return the order and purchase in store. Not because I'm giddy about a new device, but because no one will be around to accept delivery the following week.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbronfman
The latter spent 4 days on Lantau Island (this Mini was only there a few hours which I regard as a good sign) but it's touring different parts of the airport.

11/14/12 - Wednesday
10:02 pm
In transit
CHEK LAP KOK HK
2:53 pm
In transit
LANTAU ISLAND HK
- 11/13/2012 - Tuesday
11:58 pm
SHENZHEN CN
9:03 am
Picked up
SHENZHEN CN
4:41 am
Shipment information sent to FedEX.

Mine is on this flight also with a final destination in NYC. I might have to come to the office late on Friday to receive. We've had missing packages in my hood lately. :/

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
wifi Mini sequence ... to date, anyway

FWIW - I ordered my WIFI Mini on Oct. 17th from Apple. It went to "Processing..." nearly immediately with a "2 week delay for shipping" and a delivery date of Nov. 16th. Nothing changed until this past Sunday (Nov. 11) when I received two emails and a text saying my order had shipped.

The next day, Monday, said the order had arrived in Shanghai, CN, "after FedEx cutoff". I googled that to learn it meant the plane was full and the pallet was held where it was. FINALLY, Tuesday, it was updated to say "International shipment release - import" - still in Shanghai. That same date, it traveled from Shanghai to Anchorage, AL. That same date, there was another "International shipment release - import" posted for Anchorage.

Nothing at all since then. As far as I know, it's still in Anchorage. Yet FedEx still lists the delivery date of tomorrow (the 15th). :confused::confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.