Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NJelect

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
I could be wrong but doubt Apple would miss the opportunity of a pre-holiday release, the latter would not be a wise revenue opportunity.
However, the new iMac may have ran into a few design/production obstacles that were unforseen. :confused:

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
Well boys, I' fed up waiting and with this situation, tomorrow I'm gonna buy a Win8PC (800€) , this will be good for my health, this is SiCk!

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
This was the source. It's in French, but google translation is below. I enjoyed the fact that the new iMac will use the same method used to make an Airbus A380 jet. I wonder if it will fly. :)

Considering Airbus is still struggling to build A380s and they have issues with cracking in some of the Al wing structures, this might not bode well. :p

Really thinking it's a Haswell-based rMBP13 and my Apple Thunderbolt Display as my 2011 iMac and 2011 MBA replacement.

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
I expected it, and indeed it happened.
January, and even later.
I wonde how can apple be in such awkward position that people won't be able to buy iMac at all!! Until January, full quarter with no product in the line, insane! By any company standards.
No doubt that apple obsession with super thin, super light cause to this idiotic delay.
Why on earth it matter about this damn 5 mm thickness? Who give a ****??

NJelect

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
Sorry, for your decision - I plan to wait since I am tired of looking at a square-box PC that has yet to evolve.

uptownnyc

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
Looks like it's either Hackintosh or a Mini with the Dell U2713HM if this is confirmed.

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
I expected it, and indeed it happened.
January, and even later.
I wonde how can apple be in such awkward position that people won't be able to buy iMac at all!! Until January, full quarter with no product in the line, insane! By any company standards.
No doubt that apple obsession with super thin, super light cause to this idiotic delay.
Why on earth it matter about this damn 5 mm thickness? Who give a ****??

Right, I agree with you. By other side... i think autodestruction buttom has been activated by Apple. It's just a time issue.... iPhone5= Fail, iPadmini= fail, iPad 4G falling underground......

This is a shi+!

----------

Sorry, for your decision - I plan to wait since I am tired of looking at a square-box PC that has yet to evolve.

And I'm tired of waiting for an iMac that's always coming and never comes... I use the computer for working not for decoration

MojoRisinSD

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2012
Well boys, I' fed up waiting and with this situation, tomorrow I'm gonna buy a Win8PC (800€) , this will be good for my health, this is SiCk!

No one here is stopping you.

Right, I agree with you. By other side... i think autodestruction buttom has been activated by Apple. It's just a time issue.... iPhone5= Fail, iPadmini= fail, iPad 4G falling underground......

How are any of those "fails"?

Aug 26, 2008
Ha ha. If this is true, by the time the iMacs ship, we will be on the verge of seeing Haswell come out. That would truly be a joke.

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
No one here is stopping you.

How are any of those "fails"?

You will see.... iPhone5 did not reach to have the growing curve as the iPhone 4s, all the economic indicators point that the iPhone market is decreassing....

iPad mini has sold well the first days but it's falling too, like the iPad market that is losing percentage os sales day to day...

I'm talking about economic information, it's just a time question and everybody will know it

tredstone

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2010
Can they at least sell a friggin 2011 iMac on the store website if they're going to delay it? lol

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I believe some of this, that it is delayed, but I still think they will et at least some out, or pre-order out for the holiday season, for the exact reason some on this thread are mentioning...."right not waiting getting a Win PC/and/or other PC/Mac etc"

I'm waiting to, I want a 21.5" top end with fusion... I bet us here in UK, get it even later than US :(

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
But isn't this whole issue the COO part anyway? The vision part is already over with. Jony has already designed the next generation iMac. It's now the deployment of the product, supply and demand, and the supply chain as you mentioned. All three things in which Cook supposedly excels in.

As a CEO, he has a LOT more on his plate, responsibilities way beyond his ideal skill set. He is a great person to manage manufacturing, coordinate supply chain and ensure low inventory levels - NOTHING ELSE.

Leave vision, product development, marketing and all else to others; Cook alone doesn't have the bandwidth for that.

Tri-stan

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Cook would be out on the golf course taking a call where Steve would be bashing heads together. Apple have dropped the ball on this one.

I heard that when a deadline need to be met Steve Jobs would make everybody do late nights until release if need be. Apple is no longer that company. If it was not for Steve there would be no kids on those apple one's, instead they would still be using pens and paper.

Think of how many man hours these delays are causing now, all because Tim Cook is on the golf course :mad:

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
I cannot understand why a company would design a product they cannot manufacture in sufficient quantities to meet demand. Aren't sales, marketing, design and production teams talking to each other? A shortage is one thing, announcing a product and then continually delaying its release. No matter how great the product may be it looks horrible on the company. This is a bad trend for apple.

gegeviana

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
the problem isn't even delaying it but announcing it..if they wouldn't be able to launch it on time why announce the whole thing in the first place? :mad::mad:

Tri-stan

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
As a CEO, he has a LOT more on his plate, responsibilities way beyond his ideal skill set. He is a great person to manage manufacturing, coordinate supply chain and ensure low inventory levels - NOTHING ELSE.

Leave vision, product development, marketing and all else to others; Cook alone doesn't have the bandwidth for that.

That is all done and in place, we are waiting on cook now you useless man!!!!

Can they at least sell a friggin 2011 iMac on the store website if they're going to delay it? lol

Right get the 2011 iMac back in to production the 2012 is off!!!!

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
This is a disaster! I dont even care if I would get it in February if I just can order it and deduct it on this years account budget. If they delay it over new year apple has really become useless with their promises. And now they don't even sell a proper desktop anymore. Pro is beyond outdated and I can't buy the current iMac, what is this??
This really frustrates me :(

MsDalfo

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Maybe I'll just keep the refurb one that's in the mail that I'm thinking about returning, then. I want to declare it on this year's taxes, and if the new computer isn't going to be out until next year, I don't think the discount I'm expecting ($50-100 off) will be worth the wait.

hideous cheese

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2012
While I attach no particular insider knowledge to this, I was in Harrod's today which has an Apple Shop (Store inside a shop) and asked about the new iMacs.

Their educated guess was in the next 10 days. The guy said they'd heard nothing from Apple to suggest further delays.

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
Ha ha. If this is true, by the time the iMacs ship, we will be on the verge of seeing Haswell come out. That would truly be a joke.

That is what it is looking like. Honestly ill just deal with developing on my air. no point in buying another new (already old machine) from Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.