Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tri-stan

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
This is a disaster! I dont even care if I would get it in February if I just can order it and deduct it on this years account budget. If they delay it over new year apple has really become useless with their promises. And now they don't even sell a proper desktop anymore. Pro is beyond outdated and I can't buy the current iMac, what is this??
This really frustrates me :(

Does this mean we are consigned to buy only Macbooks from Apple now? Apple knows this and is trying to get everybody to buy high margin mobile products.

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2003
California
But isn't this whole issue the COO part anyway? The vision part is already over with. Jony has already designed the next generation iMac. It's now the deployment of the product, supply and demand, and the supply chain as you mentioned. All three things in which Cook supposedly excels in.

BINGO - I have done a couple of threads that Cook is "Cooked" - failing and not performing - squandering the innovation trajectory Steve entrusted to him.

This OCD issue with thinness is enough already.

Tim relied on one of Apple's major competitors (SAMSUNG) to provide screens and chips - too little and way late to start pushing for other suppliers. Apple stock is being beat to hell as pundits keep looking at the missteps under Cook's leadership (?).

All of Apple leadership needs to put down the KoolAid pitcher and start executing better.

BTW - someone needs to keep Ives in check on designs that can't be manufactured reliably (iPhone 5 / friction stir welding on iMacs, iMac screen lamination problems, whatever). Not sure where Bob Mansfield's role comes into play.

Last edited:

scottsjack

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2010
Arizona
Well boys, I' fed up waiting and with this situation, tomorrow I'm gonna buy a Win8PC (800€) , this will be good for my health, this is SiCk!

+10. Instead up upgrading the already great looking iMac with new components,better cooling and maybe a hard drive door the new model just has to be even thinner which requires special construction techniques. I'm telling you this thinness disease at Apple is getting out of hand.

Personally I would like to see Jony go down the road. "Thinness" never made a computer last longer, work better or be more repairable. Some customers want a fashion piece that is also a pretty good computer. Others of us want great computers that also look good given the technical requirements of the device.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
People are getting much too paranoid...it's still November ffs.

----------

Does this mean we are consigned to buy only Macbooks from Apple now? Apple knows this and is trying to get everybody to buy high margin mobile products.

No because you can still buy the Mac mini and Mac Pro.

Tri-stan

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Apple-1.jpg

Last edited:

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
BINGO - I have done a couple of threads that Cook is "Cooked" - failing and not performing - squandering the innovation trajectory Steve entrusted to him.

This OCD issue with thinness is enough already.

Time relied on one of Apple's major competitors (SAMSUNG) to provide screens and chips - too little and way late to start pushing for other suppliers. Apple stock is being beat to hell as pundits keep looking at the missteps under Cook's leadership (?).

All of Apple leadership needs to put down the KoolAid pitcher and start executing better.

BTW - someone needs to keep Ives in check on designs that can't be manufactured reliably (iPhone 5 / friction stir welding on iMacs, whatever). Not sure where Bob Mansfield's role comes into play.

However I believe in their philosophy of thin design. Striving for thinner and smaller products have always been in their DNA. Just look at the progress of all their Apple products since Steve Job's second coming. Youtube them and see how many times since the first iMac has Steve and company talked about how thinner the product is versus their respective predecessors. You can't tell me that up until now this design philosophy of theirs has done nothing but damaged them? On the contrary, it got them to the top of the world.

Anwyays, that's the vision. I see no problem with the vision. It's the COO part, as BRLawyer mentioned, and whether it was the wrong time to unveil so many products at once, constraints in supply chains, damaged relations with suppliers, whatever, but that's the issue that they need to deal with right now. These are the areas that Apple and Cook are starting to falter. But as far as what Jony is coming up with: super thin retina Macbook Pros, thinner iPhones, thin iMacs, etc., I'm a happy camper and I hope they keep going.

Last edited:

NextGenApple

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Wow if true will these iMac still be called late 2012 0r early 2013!! It's clear the 2013 iMacs will be late next year.
Besides who asked for thinner on a desktop? Now they have issues!! Serves those that ept calling for thinner right.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Bad news for anyone who was looking to upgrade.... Hold on just a little longer you can make it! (Hopefully)

Occamsrazr

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2012
I hate to say this, but I'm actually considering buying a PC... I've been waiting for the iMac so that I could have some decent graphics on WoW, but at this point, I might just throw in the towel and get a decent tower. UGH!

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Guys, there's a reason why you should let MacRumors filter the stories for you. If you jump all over every fool thing someone posts on the internet, you're going to get yourself tied in knots.

Here's what I see in this story:
  • A "commercial source", which to me sounds like a 3rd party retailer and therefore not the most reliable source, thinks there might be a delay
  • The French blog speculates that because a delay is claimed to exist and the announced dates were November and December, it's possible that the new date sends us past the holidays
  • AppleInsider then jumps into the worst case and posts the sensationalized 2013 headline

I find it far more likely that either the retailer themselves are speculating, or that they were originally expecting Nov 13 and now it's Nov 27.

I'm waiting patiently in any case, but I caution people to avoid jumping to every possible doom & gloom conclusion.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I'm waiting patiently in any case, but I caution people to avoid jumping to every possible doom & gloom conclusion.

As always, I agree with you. This is still just a rumor. Cooler heads will prevail.

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
this rumor is good because now everyone pretty much talking about it

Apple will be taking notice and will comment soon

NextGenApple

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
People can keep waiting fact is know one knows how much time they have on this earth. So best to buy when needed and not let a company control ones life.

Any smart person wouldn't touch one of these new iMacs until months after they have been officially released. At least thats what I will do. When people machines are dying a few months after warranty, or during you'll know. I refuse to be Apple guinea pig unlike some on here.

APPLE-FANATIC

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2012
Texas
Guys, there's a reason why you should let MacRumors filter the stories for you. If you jump all over every fool thing someone posts on the internet, you're going to get yourself tied in knots.

Here's what I see in this story:
  • A "commercial source", which to me sounds like a 3rd party retailer and therefore not the most reliable source, thinks there might be a delay
  • The French blog speculates that because a delay is claimed to exist and the announced dates were November and December, it's possible that the new date sends us past the holidays
  • AppleInsider then jumps into the worst case and posts the sensationalized 2013 headline

I find it far more likely that either the retailer themselves are speculating, or that they were originally expecting Nov 13 and now it's Nov 27.

I agree with you and plus its not even the end of November yet! Now if today were the 30th, then yes, something would be up! Hell, we don't even have iTunes 11 yet!!:eek:

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
If it's true they could have released a model with the same appearance with new proccesor and 1Tb+8Gb for the same price that the old and everybody would be happy, but no they want to release the skinny one with adamantium and unicorn tears for one month of (maybe) 2013... stupid decision

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
If it's true they could have released a model with the same appearance with new proccesor and 1Tb+8Gb for the same price that the old and everybody would be happy, but no they want to release the skinny one with adamantium and unicorn tears for one month of (maybe) 2013... stupid decision

go post somewhere else

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.