Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atthecross

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
i wasn't going to get an iphone at all didnt' see a 'need' for it since i have an iPod Touch and a cheapy cell phone.

Well my wife's iphone5 came in yesterday and after setting it all up for her... i ordered an iPhone5 for myself today :eek:

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
i wasn't going to get an iphone at all didnt' see a 'need' for it since i have an iPod Touch and a cheapy cell phone.

Well my wife's iphone5 came in yesterday and after setting it all up for her... i ordered an iPhone5 for myself today :eek:

lol...couldn't help yourself huh?

are you getting white or black?

enjoy it when it comes in.

atthecross

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Happens all the time.
Anyone that plays with it for a few minutes gets one soon:D

yeah, i know. i've been anti smart phone for years because of my old job where i had to carry a phone ALL the time so when i got laid off it was nice not having to have a smart phone

but now here we are :cool:

----------

lol...couldn't help yourself huh?

are you getting white or black?

enjoy it when it comes in.

lol it didn't help that my co-worker kept egging me on because he wants to by my other iPod Touch (sold him my wife's iPod)

got white, same as my wife

says ships by 11/16/12 so i'm hoping to have it monday, my wife had to wait like 5 weeks and got it yesterday

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Congrats, I would have done the same exact thing after helping someone set theirs up.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Good choice on the White.

Same for me. I thought dataplans were silly, my pseudo smartphone was good enough, skipped the first 3-4 generations. Until I needed knee surgery, spend several sessions in waiting rooms, my ride had an iPhone and I kept itching to play with it :jealous:.

Ordered asap.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I originally had an iPhone 3 and the next year my wife got a 3GS. We both said "great, we'll each upgrade every other year and we'll always have one 'new' phone model in the house at all times. We can be cool with the fact that one of us always has a better phone than the other person!"

Yeah... That didn't last long. Now we always order 2 phones together whenever we upgrade.

atthecross

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
I originally had an iPhone 3 and the next year my wife got a 3GS. We both said "great, we'll each upgrade every other year and we'll always have one 'new' phone model in the house at all times. We can be cool with the fact that one of us always has a better phone than the other person!"

Yeah... That didn't last long. Now we always order 2 phones together whenever we upgrade.

lol yeah, tried that route before the iPod Touch existed with the Dell x50 pda my wife was asking how come mine says x50v :rolleyes:

----------

i wanted the white, but my wife has the white one so was a little hesitant. but the white looks so much better and when i saw them in the store side by side the white one looked a little bigger than the black one

mdmc

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2011
I had a flip phone forever. I didn't want to pay for data. I finally decided to get the IPhone 4. My husband tagged along. As soon as my upgrade was available I got the 5 (he was right there with me) I love my IPhone. Don't know what I did before I got it (neither does he)

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Sorry for you.
Like Arnold says.
You'll be back:D

Loving the Note 2 so far haven't had an ounce of buyers remorse. I might consider switching back once they improve iOS, get some powerful maps on there and put a larger display on the iPhone

kamalds

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2010
Sorry for you.
Like Arnold says.
You'll be back:D

Sorry but I am loving the ability to share content via wifi direct, bluetooth sharing, usb mass storage mode, bigger better display and so on. Jelly bean is amazing!

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
i wasn't going to get an iphone at all didnt' see a 'need' for it since i have an ipod touch and a cheapy cell phone.

Well my wife's iphone5 came in yesterday and after setting it all up for her... I ordered an iphone5 for myself today :eek:

team iphone!!!

lissing

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2012
lol same thing happened to my bf
Thought he was content with his ip4 but a few minutes with my ip5 and he was smitten. Can't wait for his upgrade in december now

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Loving the Note 2 so far haven't had an ounce of buyers remorse. I might consider switching back once they improve iOS, get some powerful maps on there and put a larger display on the iPhone

To each his own I guess. We cant all like the same things.
Even before though I never used the google maps and still dont use the new Apple maps either.
I been a navigon user for many years so I can care less for maps.
Happy with the iOS, will be a lot happier as soon as there's a JB for my i5:D
The display is an upgrade from my 4S but wouldnt mind a bigger screen. Maybe down the road but 4" seems pretty good so far.

----------

Sorry but I am loving the ability to share content via wifi direct, bluetooth sharing, usb mass storage mode, bigger better display and so on. Jelly bean is amazing!

That's nice.
Do you do that touch phones thing like the Samsung commercial?:D

s3.jpg

atthecross

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
yeah, I've had this phone for awhile going to be glad to see it go

Attachments

• sam_u450_intensity.png
    sam_u450_intensity.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 834

Mr Hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
That's how it always starts. I was so against smartphones until a coworker let me play with his iPhone 3G back in 2008. The next month I bought one and have been hooked ever since.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Congratulations .. Jesus . Did you order one ? No .. No you didn't .... Man you are a god!!! Can u afford the great iPhone ?

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
yeah, I've had this phone for awhile going to be glad to see it go

Hahaha my 50 yr old dad has that phone. Not making fun of you, just thought it was funny that he literally has the same phone.

I too was sort of anti-smartphone. My first phone was a random LG flip, then I had a Moto Razr, then LG enV3. And while having the enV, people rapidly starting getting smartphones, iPhone, Android, etc.

And then once my family members starting getting iPhones, I said what the hell and bought my first iPhone last December, my 4S, which I currently have. I was definitely late to the game in the smartphone department.

I really don't know how it was like without a smartphone, now that I think about it. Not having the ability to check the internet, or emails or stream music. Im sure I could do without, but it sure is convenient. What blew my mind initially about my iPhone was how it's like carrying a pocket computer.

Congratulations on the iPhone 5! It's an awesome top of the line phone, just as every iPhone release is. I won't be getting the 5, but I will get the 5S (on 2 yr contract with my 4S) but I am very excited to try a bigger screen on for a change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.