Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lookn4wifi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
I have Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail & iCloud email accounts linked to my iPhone with iOS 6.0.1 and my iMac with OS X 10.8.2. I manage my email account from my iPhone about 95% of the time.

When I open the mail app on my iMac it shows all Gmail as unread even though it's all been read or deleted from my iPhone. Gmail is set up through Exchange on my phone to allow for Push.

Mac Mail shows Hotmail as unread when read from the phone, but I believe it will be in the trash if deleted from the iPhone.

iCloud mail syncs with no noticed issues.

I'm using iCloud on both my phone and Mac. Is there a way to set up these accounts (Gmail & Hotmail) so if I read or delete mail on my phone it will reflect the same on my mac or visa versa?

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I have Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail & iCloud email accounts linked to my iPhone with iOS 6.0.1 and my iMac with OS X 10.8.2. I manage my email account from my iPhone about 95% of the time.

When I open the mail app on my iMac it shows all Gmail as unread even though it's all been read or deleted from my iPhone. Gmail is set up through Exchange on my phone to allow for Push.

Mac Mail shows Hotmail as unread when read from the phone, but I believe it will be in the trash if deleted from the iPhone.

iCloud mail syncs with no noticed issues.

I'm using iCloud on both my phone and Mac. Is there a way to set up these accounts (Gmail & Hotmail) so if I read or delete mail on my phone it will reflect the same on my mac or visa versa?

Make sure Gmail is setup using IMAP on the Mac. Hotmail can only use POP3 which will never sync with your mobile devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.