Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spmiz12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
I ordered 2 iPad mini's on release day. I received them both of them that first friday. The first one had a very poor display. I intended to get one for me then sell one on ebay; but after the poor display from the first then I tried the second one. And it was AMAZINGLY different. So I decidec to send the first one back for a refund. Not quite sure how there can be so much difference, but there was.

So I now have an iPad mini that I love, and even though it's retina; it's display is amazing. So I added this to my 27" iMac and my previous 13" MBP. Becuase of increase in business, I ordered the 13" MBP Retina, received it and I do love it, but I love the portability of my mini.

I think I have a great setup now. I did try the nexus 7 32gb tablet, but I dont like the fact it cant integrate with my other systems.... Yes I am an APPLE hooked......

Scott

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
Your post echoes a few others that seem to indicate a difference in the quality of the screens...interesting for sure. Anyway, glad you got yourself got a good one in the end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.