Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superstardj

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
NC
Mine is suppose to ship tomorrow as well, good luck everyone. I have my fingers crossed.

I paid for next day air man that would be a nice surprise for the weekend being able to sport my new case! Also have another set of different colors spectra wraps that will be here tomorrow or Friday

BoomstickMafia

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2012
Mine is suppose to ship tomorrow as well, good luck everyone. I have my fingers crossed.

I paid for next day air man that would be a nice surprise for the weekend being able to sport my new case! Also have another set of different colors spectra wraps that will be here tomorrow or Friday

Same here on the next day air.

What color wraps did you order?

superstardj

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
NC
Wraps

This is my 2nd order, first time around got Matte black, matte key lime and Matt blue.

Black 32gb iPhone BTW. Broke one of the matte blue during the install (my fault got in a hurry) so I have matte black on right now (with my ottorbox lol)

The order that's coming I got another matte black, Olympic blue and the metallic silver...

Probably sport the black for a bit - might install the green when the S5 gets here.....the wraps are cheap enough i can switch em every few weeks...

BoomstickMafia

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2012
This is my 2nd order, first time around got Matte black, matte key lime and Matt blue.

Black 32gb iPhone BTW. Broke one of the matte blue during the install (my fault got in a hurry) so I have matte black on right now (with my ottorbox lol)

The order that's coming I got another matte black, Olympic blue and the metallic silver...

Probably sport the black for a bit - might install the green when the S5 gets here.....the wraps are cheap enough i can switch em every few weeks...

yeah, $10 for 3 of 'em!

I was thinking about getting the gold and yellow ones. Couldn't think of a 3rd. lol

superstardj

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
NC
Was hopeful they would have shipped it one day early lol. Wishful Thinking....

Let hope they go out today!!!!!!

v3rn

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2010
This doesn't have anything too much to do with the Sector 5, but it's an interesting idea I'm trying out to allow me to mount my iPhone with my Sector 5 to my dashboard.

So I'm trying something. I owned a Rokform case for a bit, and it had a magnet built into it so that you could attach it to anything metal or attach it to another magnet. I had a small magnet attached to my dashboard, so it made attaching my phone incredibly easy and I didn't need to buy a big mount and a different case.

So I purchased a really thin magnet and plan on shaving out a bit of the inside of my carved.com wood back plate and sticking it inside. The ultrasuede back that comes with the Sector 5 would probably work great, you could stick the plate on right over the magnet. And I bought a bigger magnet that has 3M sticky tape on it so I can attach it to my dashboard. I'm hoping it will work. I don't see any reason why it won't, but I'm just hoping that the magnet I got for the inside of the back plate is strong enough. The magnet inside the plate has a 2.2 lb pull force. And the magnet I got for the dash has a 15 lb pull force. I'm thinking that should be plenty to hold the phone securely to the dashboard.

The magnet that goes inside the case is only 1/32" thick. So It's incredibly thin and I think it will fit fine between the back plate and the phone with maybe a bit of sanding/shaving. I also purchased a 1/16" magnet if the 1/32" isn't strong enough.

Anyways, here is where I got the idea from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEu3m_2rjNg

BoomstickMafia

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2012
With every buzz of my email coming across to my phone, I think, "Could this be my shipping notice." Hasn't come through yet though my fingers still crossed.

superstardj

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
NC
Anyone got a tracking number yet? I sure haven't lol....

----------

With every buzz of my email coming across to my phone, I think, "Could this be my shipping notice." Hasn't come through yet though my fingers still crossed.

Me too, every "ding" I check my phone lol

Swayzee

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012
No shipment here yet either. im thinking itll all go out when fedex/ups picks up the items to be shipped. iphone5 is coming on tuesday, really hoping i get this case before that.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Im hyped as hell.

I will kiss the silver 10 days after the 26th. Dayuum. If thats what it needs to come to Sweden.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.