Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

etsi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
Hello,

I have installed the latest version of Aperture and when I use auto white balance adjustment for example I can no longer view the image. I can see some random colors all over the image which go away when I reset the adjustment. The images appear as garbled colors and bits & pieces. Any idea what might be wrong? I don't have a problem using lightroom or whatever application.

Same happens with other adjustments for example Effects, Quick Fixes, Auto Enhance, the image will become, for lack of a more technical term, garbled.

If I use the Loupe over the garbled image I can view that part of the image!

Please help. Thanks

Attachments

• aperture.jpg
    aperture.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
I'm having a similar problem. I tried repairing the library but no luck. Also my AVI files won't play.

Googling said that having Perian installed with Mountain Lion might be the problem. My install is a cruft filled move forward between three machines and since OSX 10.4 ... so I'm going to backup and reinstall everything from scratch and see if that fixes it. I'm hoping there isn't true corruption in the library.

etsi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
I don't use Perian and I have no problem with other applications , lightroom, photo editing applications.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
Hello,

I have installed the latest version of Aperture and when I use auto white balance adjustment for example I can no longer view the image. I can see some random colors all over the image which go away when I reset the adjustment. The images appear as garbled colors and bits & pieces. Any idea what might be wrong? I don't have a problem using lightroom or whatever application.

Same happens with other adjustments for example Effects, Quick Fixes, Auto Enhance, the image will become, for lack of a more technical term, garbled.

If I use the Loupe over the garbled image I can view that part of the image!

Please help. Thanks

I had the same problem a couple of times today. I changed the zoom and the problem went away. I have no idea why it happened... but something broke in what I assume was the most recent upgrade.

Try changing the zoom (under "view")... or just hit the Z shortcut and let us know if that fixed the issue.

I suspect that we will see another A3 update to fix the problem. It does not look like the image is actually being corrupted.

/Jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.