Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Is anyone else getting this message??? I was checking on my status order at home and i keep getting this message when i was entering my password. The weird part is i was able to login the same password when downloading apps so i know it's not my password. it started acting up like 10:45pm but it was fine around 10pm. :mad::mad::mad:

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Is anyone else getting this message??? I was checking on my status order at home and i keep getting this message when i was entering my password. The weird part is i was able to login the same password when downloading apps so i know it's not my password. it started acting up like 10:45pm but it was fine around 10pm. :mad::mad::mad:

Yup, I'm seeing the same thing (see attached) however only on Wi-Fi. When I tried it with Wi-Fi turned off, it worked fine with no error.

Attachments

• applestoreerrorlineone.png
    applestoreerrorlineone.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 177

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
YEA, that's exactly what i have... i didn't post the picture cuz its on my phone and didn't get the chance to upload. but same here when i disable wifi and use LTE and it works. APPLE FIX IT. :mad:

zwheeloc

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2002
Lincoln, MA
Turning off Wi-Fi Works

So it seems that turning off Wi-Fi will allow you to get to the Order Status (very important for my shipment of the iPad 4 (?) ). What could have changed in the Wi-Fi that would confuse the app? Made no changes to my Wi-Fis (both work and home). Same App on the iPhone that was updated a couple of weeks ago. Was able to track packages a day ago. The only thing it has to be is the connection to Apple from the App.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
yes, it's isolated at wifi. it didn't work on my mini as well. i did all the logical troubleshooting steps and nothing...

1. delete and reinstall apple store app.. FAIL
2. mimick error on mini... yup FAIL
3. deleted cache credentials, (apple store account and browsing history)... FAIL
4. reseted router... FAIL

MAD :mad:

----------

oh here's the best part, the apple tech was an utter retard.

1. asked me to restart my iphone. i told him that if i do, i will lose the call. i asked if he can call me back if i provide him a call back number. he told me, just call back to apple with that new line. so i told him, "so you want me to call you guys back and wait for 15 mins AGAIN?"... FAIL

2. tech told me to tap into someone's unsecured wifi... i mean REALLY? who does that? and who doesn't have unsecured wifi now... FAIL

3. tech told me restore my device. OMG FAIL

3. tech told me to go to an apple store and use their wifi instead.. FAIL

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
yes, it's isolated at wifi. it didn't work on my mini as well. i did all the logical troubleshooting steps and nothing...

1. delete and reinstall apple store app.. FAIL
2. mimick error on mini... yup FAIL
3. deleted cache credentials, (apple store account and browsing history)... FAIL
4. reseted router... FAIL

MAD :mad:

----------

oh here's the best part, the apple tech was an utter retard.

1. asked me to restart my iphone. i told him that if i do, i will lose the call. i asked if he can call me back if i provide him a call back number. he told me, just call back to apple with that new line. so i told him, "so you want me to call you guys back and wait for 15 mins AGAIN?"... FAIL

2. tech told me to tap into someone's unsecured wifi... i mean REALLY? who does that? and who doesn't have unsecured wifi now... FAIL

3. tech told me restore my device. OMG FAIL

3. tech told me to go to an apple store and use their wifi instead.. FAIL

For what it's worth, I contacted Apple through other means (i.e. not Apple Support) and received a call back shortly afterwards asking me to provide as much additional info as possible (e.g. iPhone model, iOS version, Apple Store app version). As a result of the conversation, it seems to me that they are actively looking into this and will hopefully be able to fix it soon.

PorterRocks

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2010
Idaho
I'm getting the same thing on my iPhone 5. It's a bit annoying because I'm finally able to order my LTE iPad mini and I get this message when I try to check out.

iPhone 5 running latest version of iOS and latest version of apple store app.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Try it now. I just did and it appears to be fixed.

did u do it in ur wifi?

----------

I'm getting the same thing on my iPhone 5. It's a bit annoying because I'm finally able to order my LTE iPad mini and I get this message when I try to check out.

iPhone 5 running latest version of iOS and latest version of apple store app.

the problem for me is when i'm at my wifi and check order status. now i don't know if you'll go into problems actually checking it out. but for me the problem is when you check the existing order.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
did u do it in ur wifi?

Yes, since that was where the problem was to begin with. I tried it a second time as well and it worked then too.

Is it still not working for you? If not and if you're in a position to restart your phone, can you do so and try it again? Or maybe try Airplane Mode ON then OFF and then try it?

Either way, it's working for me now.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
im at work and will try it when i get home. if not, agreed, ill do the usual troubleshooting and see if that does the trick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.