Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kyur4end

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Hey I got my email from my manager. Wanted to gather Skype information for people that will be on my team. Send me a pm with your managers initials and then we can exchange skype information.

wootwootwootlol

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
omg i love my job

today was the best day! those waiting to get onboard.. believe me when I say...

The way they treat you is done as well or better than their products are designed.

and that is the truth...

I am a believer now.

Be patient, and be prepared to be amazed.

catbite777

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2012
Apple does not hold any back pay. If you start on 11/26, then your timecard is due in myPage by Noon local time on 11/30 (Pay Period is 11/17-11/30). You will receive a paycheck for all time worked on 12/7.

Thank you SO MUCH for answering my question! :) :apple::apple::apple:

KLinPA

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
PA
Holy crap on a cracker! My boxes arrived! Glad I was home I had no advance notice :eek: Now I have to wait. This is going to kill me lol

:D:apple:

Blue33

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
Equipment is here!!!! But since I already know what is inside I'm not really curious....just excited :D

catbite777

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2012
I also received my boxes today! Plus, my team manager called me this morning for a quick "hello".

Then, my desktop PC died. (luckily I have a laptop too.) I think it died in sheer panic that there is an iMac in the house. The shock killed it. :apple::apple::apple::apple:

Grundy125

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
Boise, Id
Not too sure...

I just had my over the phone interview with Apple, and I have to say, I think I bombed the interview. We went over some of my employment history, apparently I left something out of my resume that I thought I had attached.

She then asked me 3 Questions:

Define Empathy in your own terms.

"I would define empathy as: Putting yourself in another's shoes, so that you can better understand what they are going through and to better relate to them."

Define what an operating system is, in layman terms.

"An operating system can be defined as: The building blocks for a computer, it basically translates the software into a usable form."

How would you trouble shoot email?

"I would trouble shoot email with someone by ensuring they are connected to the internet first. Secondly, I would ensure they are typing the email addresses correctly. Then, stumped."

She said that was the last question she had for me and should look forward to hearing from someone within 3-5 business days.....Honestly, it was supposed to be a 20 Minute interview, and it only lasted about: 8 Minutes.

KLinPA

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
PA
awww I didn't get a call...yet.

For those who've started I know we should wait for the chair but I have a couple questions. My sis in law has one she wants to give me so --does it have to have arms? Also is it perhaps a reimbursed business expense since it's required?

LOL Spoke too soon. My TM just called :D

Last edited:

Blue33

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
I just had my over the phone interview with Apple, and I have to say, I think I bombed the interview. We went over some of my employment history, apparently I left something out of my resume that I thought I had attached.

"I would define empathy as: Putting yourself in another's shoes, so that you can better understand what they are going through and to better relate to them."

"An operating system can be defined as: The building blocks for a computer, it basically translates the software into a usable form."

"I would trouble shoot email with someone by ensuring they are connected to the internet first. Secondly, I would ensure they are typing the email addresses correctly. Then, stumped."

She said that was the last question she had for me and should look forward to hearing from someone within 3-5 business days.....Honestly, it was supposed to be a 20 Minute interview, and it only lasted about: 8 Minutes.

Don't lose hope, my second interview was exactly 8 minutes.....

Tracycoder

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Kentucky

All of my interviews were shorter than what they said they'd be and those were the exact questions they asked me. I'm sure you did fine :cool:

Blue33

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
Thanks Blue....I sure hope I get this position, was just let go of my current job yesterday.

Oh and I think you did excellent....my first interview went horrible!
What is RAM?......I don't know
What is a hard drive?....I don't know....
I wasn't expecting it and I completely blank!!....my daughter was screaming mommy...mommy....I got myself together and showed enthusiasm and that right there my friend saved me lol I'm thankful they even gave me another shot lol

3rd interview...The manager told me I nailed it :D Of course I made a deal with my daughter...No job not toys lol

Jerseyleoal

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012

That sounds almost exactly like my 2nd interview. I was asked about empathy and how to troubleshoot email and a wireless and regular printer. I prepared for those questions by looking on the internet before the interview. I got scheduled for a 3rd interview on Dec. 3rd but it took maybe like 4 days before the email came to schedule it just stay positive.

jeffrey1211

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
Has anyone applied for AHA position even tho your not in that specific area the job is offered and ended up got the job? AHA is offered everywhere but this time.. not in my area...

Jerseyleoal

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012
Has anyone applied for AHA position even tho your not in that specific area the job is offered and ended up got the job? AHA is offered everywhere but this time.. not in my area...

I applied for the AHA job in Birmingham, AL but I live about 75 miles away. Hope that helps.

themayorr

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2012
I also received my boxes today! Plus, my team manager called me this morning for a quick "hello".

Then, my desktop PC died. (luckily I have a laptop too.) I think it died in sheer panic that there is an iMac in the house. The shock killed it. :apple::apple::apple::apple:

Too funny lol

----------

Equipment has arrived! And no bombs inside ;). No call from my TM though...

LMFAO @ No Bombs inside

----------

I think you are okay as long as you are in the 100miles radios

Radius**...sorry I had to do it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.