Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdegid

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Final scene.

camera pans toward grave. slowly drops below the surface....

Jobs slightly out of focus rolling in his grave about deadlines not being kept

Apple logo on fire

THE END

:D

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I just can't help feel that having it feature solely on three product launches belittles the work Isaacson put into writing the book and just tosses aside so much more about Jobs that could be shown on screen.

To base a movie, based on a biography, around nothing more than product launches and backstage action just seems like a huge waste of some fantastic source material.

What about Sculley? What about NeXT? What about Pixar? What about his close bond with Ive? Do we really have to see three keynotes reenacted as nothing more than backstage footage?

Last edited:

dashiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2003
Somehow involve Bill Gates in it to make it more dramatic.

Bill Gates had a video appearance at MacWorld (96?), I believe the final details were worked out between Jobs and Gates just prior to the event kicking off. Sounds like a perfect scene for Sorkin’s idea.

elvetio

macrumors member
May 29, 2012
interesting idea

but how does that relate with the scenes where ashton-kutshsomething was stoned in the middle of a field?

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
Bill Gates had a video appearance at MacWorld (96?), I believe the final details were worked out between Jobs and Gates just prior to the event kicking off. Sounds like a perfect scene for Sorkin’s idea.

yes that would be great!

Good thinking.

I just think people always associate those two and I think it will make for good film

I wasn't aware this is the same guy that did The Social Network so I no longer am as doubtful about this.

Looking forward to it.

tod

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2009
Ohio
Sounds like the movie will be far more innovative than the biography it's based on. I'm looking forward to it!

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
eh, just read the biography and the other true stories published about Jobs. I think a movie will lose too much detail....

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
eh, just read the biography and the other true stories published about Jobs. I think a movie will lose too much detail....

All book readers think that about every movie that is made that was also a book.

Thats why only pop up books and scratch and sniff for me :cool:

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
If Sorkin plays lose with the facts like he did with Social Network (one of my favorite movies) he's going to be crucified by the Apple loyal.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
Hmmm, the original Mac, the NeXT cube, and the iPod.

The sequel can therefore have the Apple II, Macintosh II and iPhone (Newton II) as the emphasis.

The end of the trilogy? Apple I, Mac Cube, Apple TV with a segment on what they all morphed into. By the time that is shown we will know what Apple TV becomes. Cube -> Mini and AI became the Mac ecosystem.

Rocketman

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Make it original mac (the history of apple), The cube (the fail), iPod (the start of something new), then end with Jobs about to go on stage with the iPhone....then cut... real stock footage of Jobs announcing the iPhone ("the problem is with the bottom third down here", "250 inventions and boy have we patented it" "an internet communicator, a phone, a widescreen ipod", "today, Apple reinvents the phone.").
done

edit: hot damn i should be a writer, director, multimillionaire movie maker

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
I like the idea of throwing in a fail product as well.

Something to make him doubt if they are going in the right direction....

extricated

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
Arkansas
I was being sarcastic in an earlier post, but I really do think Sorkin can pull off a great film here.
Even if centered around notable product launches, I imagine it will most certainly involve flashback cuts.

Think about the movie "Walk The Line". Most of the film is a series of flashbacks nested in a sequence where Johnny Cash is about to go onstage at Folsom Prison.

We shall see.

dv8r

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2012
Copenhagen
I look forward to it, if anybody can make it work it's Sorkin... Although centered around 3 events I think it will feature some heavy back-story about what lead to that specific moment, he seems to do that a lot and that's what I like about his style - take The Social Networks as an example, the "main scene" was the legal proceedings with the Winklevoss Twins - he did the same thing through several episodes of The West Wing (most prominently in "In The Shadow Of Two Gunmen") and in a couple of The Newsroom episodes...

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
If Sorkin plays lose with the facts like he did with Social Network (one of my favorite movies) he's going to be crucified by the Apple loyal.

Sorkin could build a time machine, follow Jobs around with a hidden camera and let us watch months of continuous completely unedited 360° footage, and there will still be complaints.

Last edited:

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Uh oh...

This strikes me as a boring way to do it, and that the story told will be woefully incomplete.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.