Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cfII

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
california
So i had 150GB partition for windows, since i nevere used it and needed the space in OSX i deleted the windows partition but now my hard drive is still partitioned how do I get it back to 750gigs all on one drive?
I have tried using disk utility to delete but it wont let me. I have a 500gig external that I used to back up all my files and I was going to boot off that and use time machine to restore but after restarting and holding down option it just showed the regular mac hard drive and not my external.

markus843

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2012
Did you use the bootcamp manager to uninstall it? Or from Disk utilities? I couldn't quite understand what you mean.

BlazednSleepy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2012
See if you can delete the partition within the bootcamp application. You might be able to since you didn't delete it with that in the first place.

markus843

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2012
I can't really help unless I know if it was with disk utility or bootcamp. If it was with bootcamp, I believe you wouldn't have this problem. If you did it with disk utility, I think I might know the solution. I ran into a similar problem a long time ago. Could you take a screenshot of what your disk utility looks like?

BlazednSleepy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2012
Even if he deleted it within disk utility, he could probably still go through erasing the windows partition in the bootcamp app.

Give it a shot OP, I'm pretty confident it will work.

cfII

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
california
ok i for sure used disk utility to delete when i go into bootcamp asst now it wont let me delete windows

cfII

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
california
Even if he deleted it within disk utility, he could probably still go through erasing the windows partition in the bootcamp app.

Give it a shot OP, I'm pretty confident it will work.

Not true boot amp asst won't let me click the button for deletion

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Some one please help

I think you will need to be booted from another drive to get this sorted. DL the free trial version of Carbon Copy Cloner then use it to clone your internal to the external. Then option key boot from the external. Now start Disk Utility and select the drive itself in Disk Util (like Seagate 1TB or whatever) and erase the entire drive to a Mac OS Extended format. This should get you back to one, HFS+ Mac partition. Now clone the external back to the internal.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I'm sure there are probably some partition managers out there that would help you fix this.

cfII

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
california
So I have my lion dmg on my external hard drive but when I restart holding down option it won't let me boot of it. What gives?

cfII

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
california
Bootcamp asst WILL NOT LET ME "delete or install win7"
disk utility is my nly option can anyone tell me how to remove a partition and make my HD whole?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.