Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vitrum

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2012
Wow ! I dont understand, why my order is on backorder :(

a6e7a6y7.jpg

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
How on earth did Google and LG cock up on this level of demand?

The price is perfect & the hardware is good. They've either under produced or vastly underestimated interest in this phone.

Unbelievable.

Vitrum

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2012
These really blows :( are you kidding me ? 3 damm weeks ! I think il just cancel the damm order, im gonna be in the states by the time they ship it :(

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
These really blows :( are you kidding me ? 3 damm weeks ! I think il just cancel the damm order, im gonna be in the states by the time they ship it :(
My condolences. It really sucks to see that they've screwed up ordering so much that even after you get an order confirmation they can't guarantee it. And the other sites show many of these emails have gone out. WTF, Google? it takes you two days to figure this out? Really?

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Wow I take back what I said about google not messing this up. If mine is back ordered that would be terrible. I would seriously consider the droid DNA again. I heard it is already rooted and can be flashed before the release. That means I could get a stock ROM. Hmm don't make me waiver google. I want to support this contract free pure google experience.

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
you are battling me once again. next time i won't share. I even explained how amazon works also....and again you still don't seem to get it.

if you order on amazon at 9pm at night are you going to get the item the next day since you paid for overnight delivery?

The whole point I have been making is that Google is not being accurate with this. I have been comparing it to amazon because they are known for their 2 day shipping speeds. And this is nothing like that, which is why I brought it up in the first place.

You then brought up the difference between shipping speeds and process time, and I have no disagreement. But you quoted google as saying process time can take up to 2 days. It has been longer than 2 days, which is why I am sticking to my point of google being inaccurate.

I know how amazon delivery works, but your only example is irrelevant because we didn't order after the cut off time considering it went on sale on the west coast at I believe 8:40 in the morning, completely different from your previous example of later at night.

And if you really want to get technical, there are 3 parts to delivery. Processing, shipping, and delivery. Processing is the company getting the order in the first place. Shipping time is exactly what it sounds like. And delivery time is the time it takes UPS/FedEX or whoever to put it on your door step. When you get an order from amazon for 2 day shipping, you generally get an email that day saying that it "shipped." Does that mean it is on your doorstep? No, because that is not technically what shipping is. Shipping is, in this scenario, Amazon moving the item over to the carrier, and the carrier is in charge of delivery. So at that point Amazon says the item has shipped, but when you initially order something, it says 2 day shipping. Hence where the confusion comes from when talking about shipping packages because even Amazon is not consistent. So if we are talking about shipping in the more technical aspect, everybody who ordered a Nexus 4 should already have a tracking number because it has been more than 48 hours since we placed the order, meaning past the 2 day shipping time, meaning it should now be with the carrier.

You also have not yet responded to my question about what I did to deserve such rudeness and negative comments from you. I have done nothing wrong to you.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
The whole point I have been making is that Google is not being accurate with this. I have been comparing it to amazon because they are known for their 2 day shipping speeds. And this is nothing like that, which is why I brought it up in the first place.

You then brought up the difference between shipping speeds and process time, and I have no disagreement. But you quoted google as saying process time can take up to 2 days. It has been longer than 2 days, which is why I am sticking to my point of google being inaccurate.

I know how amazon delivery works, but your only example is irrelevant because we didn't order after the cut off time considering it went on sale on the west coast at I believe 8:40 in the morning, completely different from your previous example of later at night.

And if you really want to get technical, there are 3 parts to delivery. Processing, shipping, and delivery. Processing is the company getting the order in the first place. Shipping time is exactly what it sounds like. And delivery time is the time it takes UPS/FedEX or whoever to put it on your door step. When you get an order from amazon for 2 day shipping, you generally get an email that day saying that it "shipped." Does that mean it is on your doorstep? No, because that is not technically what shipping is. Shipping is, in this scenario, Amazon moving the item over to the carrier, and the carrier is in charge of delivery. So at that point Amazon says the item has shipped, but when you initially order something, it says 2 day shipping. Hence where the confusion comes from when talking about shipping packages because even Amazon is not consistent. So if we are talking about shipping in the more technical aspect, everybody who ordered a Nexus 4 should already have a tracking number because it has been more than 48 hours since we placed the order, meaning past the 2 day shipping time, meaning it should now be with the carrier.

You also have not yet responded to my question about what I did to deserve such rudeness and negative comments from you. I have done nothing wrong to you.
15-13=?

it's not irrelevant bc i paid for overnight shipping and i'm not getting it overnighted to me!!!

Google states delivery within 3-5 days

Order processing could be 7 days long and they could give you free overnight shipping. when do you think you are receiving the item?

how more accurate do they need to be? from the site.......

"In Stock
Delivered in 3-5 business days. Tax and shipping will be calculated at checkout.

Shipping time

All packages are delivered via UPS two-day shipping. However, please note that it may take up to 2 business days for us to process your order for shipment. Once your order has been shipped, you will receive an email notification with a UPS tracking number. Your estimated time of delivery will be determined at the point that your order has been processed and shipped. It may take 24 hours for the UPS package tracking to return any information for your tracking number."

after you add the items to cart, right above the proceed to check out, it is highlighted that delivery is in 3-5 days.....

Last edited:

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Google should really offer a $25 Play Store gift card or something for this debacle.

According to XDA forums, there are hundreds of people who got these emails.

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas

However, please note that it may take up to 2 business days for us to process your order for shipment.

It has been longer. So yes, 15-13 = 2. But what does that matter when Google isn't sticking to their word? Even more so, people got their orders in and got the same 2 day shipping, now they are waiting 3 weeks. More of Google not sticking to their word.

it's not irrelevant bc i paid for overnight shipping and i'm not getting it overnighted to me!!!

It is irrelevant because the idea behind it is that after a certain cut off time, the package won't do anything until the next day. And we were far away from the cut off time, thus irrelevant.

And I never made any notion about overnight shipping, nor did Google. Even more evidence showing that what you are saying is completely irrelevant.

Google states delivery within 3-5 days
I have been talking about their shipping estimates for the most part, which have been inaccurate. Not once have I said that there is no way Google will make the 3-5 day delivery estimate.

Order processing could be 7 days long
Really? Then why did you say this earlier:

However, please note that it may take up to 2 business days for us to process your order for shipment.
You are now going against your word. Say something and stick to it instead of backtracking.

how more accurate do they need to be? from the site.......

Exactly, they say up to 2 days to process. 1 day = 24 hours. 2 days = 48 hours. Hours since I ordered > 48 hours. Thus they are not being accurate. I have gotten no updates saying they have shipped or processed my order and it has been longer than what they said and what you continually quote. That is how they are being inaccurate.

you are battling me once again. next time i won't share.
Going against your word again?

And for the third time, maybe fourth, I lost count, you have not told me what I said to you to deserve such rudeness and negative comments from you earlier.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
It has been longer. So yes, 15-13 = 2. But what does that matter when Google isn't sticking to their word? Even more so, people got their orders in and got the same 2 day shipping, now they are waiting 3 weeks. More of Google not sticking to their word.

It is irrelevant because the idea behind it is that after a certain cut off time, the package won't do anything until the next day. And we were far away from the cut off time, thus irrelevant.

And I never made any notion about overnight shipping, nor did Google. Even more evidence showing that what you are saying is completely irrelevant.

I have been talking about their shipping estimates for the most part, which have been inaccurate. Not once have I said that there is no way Google will make the 3-5 day delivery estimate.

Really? Then why did you say this earlier:

You are now going against your word. Say something and stick to it instead of backtracking.

Exactly, they say up to 2 days to process. 1 day = 24 hours. 2 days = 48 hours. Hours since I ordered > 48 hours. Thus they are not being accurate. I have gotten no updates saying they have shipped or processed my order and it has been longer than what they said and what you continually quote. That is how they are being inaccurate.

Going against your word again?

And for the third time, maybe fourth, I lost count, you have not told me what I said to you to deserve such rudeness and negative comments from you earlier.
business day buddy not 24hour exact day.

"You are now going against your word. Say something and stick to it instead of backtracking."

lol that is like the 3rd time i posted that and it came directly from their site. i'm not wasting time replying anymore when you don't understand the difference between order processing and shipping.

To help your cause...look up business days and quit using exact hours.

Also, just bc you ordered doesn't mean your order immediately goes into order processing. depending on time cutoff it may not be until the next day. but that doesn't matter to you....

Enjoy your nexus 4.....oh wait...

Last edited:

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
business day buddy not 24hour exact day.

"You are now going against your word. Say something and stick to it instead of backtracking."

lol that is like the 3rd time i posted that and it came directly from their site. i'm not wasting time replying anymore when you don't understand the difference between order processing and shipping.

To help your cause...look up business days and quit using exact hours.

Also, just bc you ordered doesn't mean your order immediately goes into order processing. depending on time cutoff it may not be until the next day. but that doesn't matter to you....

Enjoy your nexus 4.....oh wait...

If a business day is 9-5, that is a total of 8 hours. So 2 of those makes 16 hours. It has been longer than 16 business hours, meaning longer than 16 business days. So what is happening is going against what you are saying.

You said you wouldn't respond before either, yet here you are, going against your word.... again.

And I just explained to you business days. And even though everything that is happening is going against what you are saying, you still feel the need to keep going and +1 your own posts when you wrongly accused me of doing so. Interesting...

So now your word is it takes up to two business days to process the order, but we won't process it until another day. So following what you are saying: 1 day before processing + 2 days processing + 1 day of additional processing considering googles inaccuracy that is being proven now + 2 days of shipping before delivery = 6 days. Guess what, that is longer than Googles estimated 3-5 days. Once again, inaccurate. Yet you stick to it. Gotta give you points for persistence.

By the way, my order was at 8:44 PST. That is before the 9-5 typical business day. So it has indeed been longer than 2 business days.

And more rudeness and negative comments, again. What have I said to you that deserves it? Or are you going to continually ignore this part of my post and you have done previously?

And I plan on enjoying my Nexus 4 when it arrives. But following what you have been saying, it will not arrive according to what Google has said.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
If a business day is 9-5, that is a total of 8 hours. So 2 of those makes 16 hours. It has been longer than 16 business hours, meaning longer than 16 business days. So what is happening is going against what you are saying.

You said you wouldn't respond before either, yet here you are, going against your word.... again.

And I just explained to you business days. And even though everything that is happening is going against what you are saying, you still feel the need to keep going and +1 your own posts when you wrongly accused me of doing so. Interesting...

So now your word is it takes up to two business days to process the order, but we won't process it until another day. So following what you are saying: 1 day before processing + 2 days processing + 1 day of additional processing considering googles inaccuracy that is being proven now + 2 days of shipping before delivery = 6 days. Guess what, that is longer than Googles estimated 3-5 days. Once again, inaccurate. Yet you stick to it. Gotta give you points for persistence.

By the way, my order was at 8:44 PST. That is before the 9-5 typical business day. So it has indeed been longer than 2 business days.

And more rudeness and negative comments, again. What have I said to you that deserves it? Or are you going to continually ignore this part of my post and you have done previously?

And I plan on enjoying my Nexus 4 when it arrives. But following what you have been saying, it will not arrive according to what Google has said.
whatever floats your boat man.....obviously you are right since you received your notification email.

oh wait.....never mind.

I was just trying to help which is why i shared. next time i will not share since people like you are going to argue down to the hours and minutes.

Be patient and enjoy your wait!

Vitrum

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2012
God dammit continue that **** over pm or stop with the text-wall and keep it short lol

Anyway yeah seems im not alone in the backorder train, really hate these !

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
So no new stock for 3 weeks from now :mad: Did LG and Google really screw this launch up :rolleyes: I am curious what will happen, once it's back in stock on the Play store ? I bet it's sold out right away again.

Maybe LG blew the expectations on the quantities expected to sell at launch ? And they are no Samsung manufacturing powerhouse, that can handle a huge surge of orders. Maybe LG just doesn't have the power to keep up with a million new Nexus 4's, only expecting to sell several hundred thousand ? I don't know.

This reminds me, of the old video card days, doing a paper launch of a new hot device, with extreme limited supply at first, taking a good couple months to have a healthy stock available for all.

I am in need of a new phone, I like the Nexus line. My options are buy it off Craigslist for extra $150 premium, or just say F it, and get the Note II ?

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
God dammit continue that **** over pm or stop with the text-wall and keep it short lol

Anyway yeah seems im not alone in the backorder train, really hate these !

You're very not alone. Hundreds of people complaining on XDA and Reddit. A lot of tech blogs/sites are running the story too. It's a big issue.

Google fumbled with the pre-release/review units, then royally messed up the launch (in every way. The order process, the processing process...). It'll recover eventually and the Nexus branding is still going to grow, but boy is this a terrible start.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
So no new stock for 3 weeks from now :mad: Did LG and Google really screw this launch up :rolleyes: I am curious what will happen, once it's back in stock on the Play store ? I bet it's sold out right away again.

Maybe LG blew the expectations on the quantities expected to sell at launch ? And they are no Samsung manufacturing powerhouse, that can handle a huge surge of orders. Maybe LG just doesn't have the power to keep up with a million new Nexus 4's, only expecting to sell several hundred thousand ? I don't know.

This reminds me, of the old video card days, doing a paper launch of a new hot device, with extreme limited supply at first, taking a good couple months to have a healthy stock available for all.

I am in need of a new phone, I like the Nexus line. My options are buy it off Craigslist for extra $150 premium, or just say F it, and get the Note II ?

That 3 week time is for some people who ordered within 30 minutes of it going on sale! I expect it will be mid January before anyone else would get one since initial orders are so far back.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Just talked to google play. They said since I ordered early at 11:37 AND I only ordered one that I was not likely to be in the 3 week delayed shipment crowd. She said it mostly applies to people that ordered more than one nexus 4. I hope she's right.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Ouch google.. look what you're doing.. you're making people turn on each other. :(

I'm kind of glad I just chose a different phone and stuck with it. Not sure how I would handle this if I was in your guys situation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.