Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Urindanger

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Hi there! I've had trouble getting the black ipad minis that are scratched directly from the box. Now have the ability to change color if I want to! Is the white model is better if you keep in mind that there must be no scratches straight from the box? So which color is the best?

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
I like the white one only cos it will look better for reading iBooks, but I normally go with black bezels because of the focus it gives to the content

Moneymiike420

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
I like the white one only cos it will look better for reading iBooks, but I normally go with black bezels because of the focus it gives to the content

What he said ^^black makes movies and content hide the black bezel might be a little more noticeable on the white but these whites are sold out everywhere..and some d bag stole 1.5 million $$ worth of iPad minis from the same terminal as the Lufthansa heist at JFK airport from the movie goodfellas

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
I have a white one on order, waiting for it to ship. I was convinced that was what I wanted. Then I was able to reserve a black one at my local Apple Store, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm seriously thinking of cancelling the order for the white one. The black one I purchased had no scratches whatsoever.

I have a white iPhone and while I like the look of it, I do occasionally find the bright white to be a distraction. Overall I like the look of the white iPad better than the black one, and it might hide damage a little better, but I think once I get it I'll have the same problem, with the bezel pulling focus away from the content.

caoimhe

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2012
I also ordered a white one because I intended to read on it, but when I saw them in person I preferred the black. There wasn't a scratch on mine, and still isn't nearly two weeks later despite not babying it.

Eric8199

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2009
In the end, they're both the same iPad. Personally, I like white better, but I got a black one because I didn't have to wait until next month for it. The black one shows fingerprints more. As for scratches, they're both glass and metal and both will show scratches. Deep scratches will probably show more on the black one because its only black on the surface. But if you treat it well, you shouldn't have any problem.

Got my black iPhone 5 a week after launch and there are no scratches on it.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I haven't even seen the white one and I jumped on the black as soon as I saw this work of art. Beauty is in the eye of the holder. No scratches, marks, anything on mine yet at least.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The color is the one you want ;)

Its completely up to you, I prefer the black so that's the one I have. Get the color you like the most

m00min

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
I prefer the white. Back in the day I had a black iPad 1, the mirror like surface of the black drove me bonkers. I switched to white when I bought the iPad 3. It's the same finish but the colour acts less like a mirror.

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
I've got a white iphone and iPad2 so this time I decided to go for the black mini.

Don't want to order online so have been trying to get a black 16gb from both my local Apple store for a couple of weeks now. Mostly they have zero in stock or only the 64gb versions.

Couple of days ago they had one 32gb white left so I took it. Probably the better size than a 16gb and I now quite like the white mini. I have ordered a red TPU back for it same as I have for my iPad2. Far too slippy to use naked!

Devine magic

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
I feel white is cool.... Most of the apple products i have are white in color...

May be apple likes white as they have most of their accessories in white ;)

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
Definitely the red model is the best.

It makes one really stand out from all the sheep that buy black or white.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.