Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do You See Scan Lines/Interlacing

• Yes and its noticable

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but only with the wallpaper set

• No. Can't see it with and without the wallpaper.

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Yes but i don't care

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Could you guys please set this as your homescreen wallpaper and then share the results (if it flickers anywhere on the screen).

I found a thread on Macrumors that brought up an issue that Im experiencing. My screen seems to have very fine fine vertical lines on the screen which in turn makes some of the icons look "grainy." When i set this wallpaper as my homescreen, the area around my dock seems to flicker.

If i had a choice, i would like to get it replaced but honestly, its so hard to see (that doesnt mean i don't notice it) that I think a genius would just say its "normal." Checked my siblings iphone 5 and his was clear of the lines though.

https://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=370251&d=1350534694

KAB2010

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2009
Louisiana
Wirelessly posted

Isn't this one of those pictures that play tricks on your eyes and make it seem like the lines are moving?

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Wirelessly posted

Isn't this one of those pictures that play tricks on your eyes and make it seem like the lines are moving?

thats what i thought originally but then i compared a family members and his phone was clear of the lines. this is quite disappoint. More so because only I can see it and would get laughed out the store if i took it to the apple store lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.