Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
acearchie When I return reincarnated, I’d like to be acearchie. He seems to have a never-ending supply of pretty women; hot tubs, hot cars, etc. Nice use of blue dresses with a blue car. May be next time, to make the gals “pop,” use a color on the opposite end of the color wheel such as red or orange dresses. Color me green with envy!

This gave me a little chuckle! Thanks for all the great judging and feedback. I think I am just an opportunist. I actually am a bumbling student and don't own any of the locations or props I use but instead go with the mantra of if you don't ask you don't get!

If I ever get the chance to jump three girls into a ferrari I will remember the tips!

Congratulations to Deep Diver. Do you have a lighting setup to share?

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Thank you fcortese...outstanding critique!

deep diver, that is a really great shot that I've come back to a number of times. The colour range, tight frame and detail have a huge appeal to me. Well done and thanks for the post. :)

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
fcortese -- you did a great job judging and offering feedback on a fantastic group of pictures. Thank you for the first place.

Congratulations to Deep Diver. Do you have a lighting setup to share?

I would share the lighting setup if there was one. It was a sunny day, I put a black cloth over a lawn chair, set up the sax, put a piece of sheet music on the opposite arm, and shot. The only photoshopping was to remove some stray pieces of grass, crop, and adjust levels. Sometimes, low tech is best.

The new theme is up at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1490445/ I've extended it one day because of my family obligations for Thanksgiving.

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
Congrat's to all, some good lateral thinking in what repetition could be and how to represent that.

Mine was actually a close-up of the base of a pelicans neck where it meets its body. To me it looked almost like a big school of fish darting all over the place when I imported it.

----------

I would share the lighting setup if there was one. It was a sunny day, I put a black cloth over a lawn chair, set up the sax, put a piece of sheet music on the opposite arm, and shot. The only photoshopping was to remove some stray pieces of grass, crop, and adjust levels. Sometimes, low tech is best.

Have to love the low tech approach! It worked perfectly for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.