Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2012
Just got off the phone with Apple. They claim the Shanghai shipment is not in Shanghai, but rather being sorted before bing scanned. They said it is a bulk shipment and will arrive "on time", I.e. on Nov 20th. The care reps have no control and no info, all they can do is offer free headphones, speakers, or smart covers. So if you call, expect apologies and maybe freebies, but nothing will change the shipping schedule from what is listed. They cannot expedite it or provide more detail. Guess there's nothing to do but wait.

Eric5964

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Southeast Michigan
Mine just showed up at the door!!! Seattle, WA!

Verizon or ATT?

----------

I bought the wifi version, then realized I wanted the LTE version and placed an order for it as well. Well it originally worked out to where I would return my mini wifi on the same day that my LTE ATT would arrive...but since its not arriving as planned (date changed from the 16th to the 20th magically), I was making the return anyway. But when I clicked on return on my order page for the wifi one, it stated the return was to be in by Nov 29th....not sure how that worked out, but well past the 14 days...and all considering, I don't mind using it for a few more days on them ;)

I have also thought about keeping it, giving it to my wife (she says her big ipad is better), or selling it on ebay as they are going for about $50 more than retail used due to them being scarce all in all.

EricE

TheMadBrewer

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2008
Marina del Rey, CA
Well, my 64GB, White AT&T has been sitting at "Preparing for Shipment" all week -- guess when I was told last week it would be delivered today or tomorrow was a bunch of smoke. If it doesn't actually ship by Saturday I am further screwed because I can't print the "pre-sign, deliver to my neighbor" form until it actually ships and I will be out of town after that. Once I get a tracking number I will call the carrier about holding it. I know they have to attempt one delivery but I hope the tracking number is enough and I don't need any sort of reference number from the "tried to deliver" note.

I think Apple blew this one big time. When you miss dates right before the biggest travel time of the year, you think they'd work with people. That's right, this is Apple we're talking about.

Added: No offer of any goodies in compensation -- and I didn't ask for any (and don't want any, just want my mini :) )

Last edited:

oddnendz

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I don't think we have heard from anyone with the Sprint model.. just curious.

I'm still waiting for my 32GB AT&T Black that I preordered at 3:05am, Oct 26... Day 4 of Preparing for Shipment.

Called and questioned about the order status. The nice agent, Beth, apologized for the inconvenience and sent me one of those Coupon codes for my next purchase at the Apple Online Store.

Thanks, but I rather have my iPad Mini! :mad:

Mine is in Alaska :) 64GB Sprint Black due to arrive Monday, Nov 19th....

BTW.... What does "INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENT RELEASE-IMPORT" mean?

mentalcase

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
My at&t 16GB just arrived in Newark NJ about 40 minutes from my house.

Still showing the 19th for delivery. I wonder what the chances are I'll get it tomorrow.

sparks9

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2003
Copenhagen
I recommend everyone start sending email to Cook at tcook@apple.com

Apple really screwed this one up. I'm actually going to order a Kindle 8.9 HD LTE.

I have 2 iPhones, iPad, iMac, and MacBook. My last Apple's for a while.

Neat thing is Amazon is paying me enough for my iPad 3 to almost pay for the Kindle.

Just get the kindle.

I would like a kindle paperwhite myself, but since they are impossible to get ahold of I'm getting an iPad mini instead.

Maybe I'm getting a kindle later, but those things have been sold out for months.

ugcop

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Traveling @ Warp Speed ...... USA
Just got off the phone with Apple. They claim the Shanghai shipment is not in Shanghai, but rather being sorted before bing scanned. They said it is a bulk shipment and will arrive "on time", I.e. on Nov 20th. The care reps have no control and no info, all they can do is offer free headphones, speakers, or smart covers. So if you call, expect apologies and maybe freebies, but nothing will change the shipping schedule from what is listed. They cannot expedite it or provide more detail. Guess there's nothing to do but wait.

yep, they were bulk shipped to New York and they are being sorted in Vinney's garage.....:)

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA

Thanks for the info. May call tomorrow and request a lightning to 30-pin adapter. Otherwise I don't really mind the wait (okay, maybe a little). I still think there is a chance we'll see them tomorrow or Monday instead of Tues.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
My at&t 16GB just arrived in Newark NJ about 40 minutes from my house.

Still showing the 19th for delivery. I wonder what the chances are I'll get it tomorrow.

Chances are good because mine was supposed to be delivered tomorrow, Friday and I got it today. It arrived in Newark this morning at 6AM and was delivered same day at 10:15AM. (Verizon)

mentalcase

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
Chances are good because mine was supposed to be delivered tomorrow, Friday and I got it today. It arrived in Newark this morning at 6AM and was delivered same day at 10:15AM. (Verizon)

Awesome. I need it to get to my local center (Edison) before getting excited.

I'm kind of bummed there are no more flights to track though.

Ching1105

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
I just called apple also... The guy said it would be updated tmr morning but no free stuff!! =='

Eric5964

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Southeast Michigan
Has everyone read the thread about the 3500 stolen mini's? I have a really bad feeling that mine was one of them....a big ole shipment of ATT minis heisted....there is the "first world problems" theory at its best!

EricE

ettd88

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2012
Has everyone read the thread about the 3500 stolen mini's? I have a really bad feeling that mine was one of them....a big ole shipment of ATT minis heisted....there is the "first world problems" theory at its best!

EricE
they haven't said that they where LTE or wifi versions..

Eric5964

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Southeast Michigan
Just called Apple one more time for fun to inquire why my status got pushed back from the 16th delivery to the 20th...the reason is "supply shortage". She talked to the supervisor and that is what they told her. You don't run short of something ordered weeks ago with a set delivery date. That is exactly "why" that we pre-order. Supply shortage all of a sudden = the Apple mini heist

Glad I took the day off work tomorrow to get it.

EricE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.