Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Romeo604

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
Hi all

I am looking to buy a pair of Grado headphones. Any one know where to direct me online for purchasing this?

I have looked at ebay, amazon but no other major sites.

Thanks in advance.

Romeo604

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
Thanks but headphone.com only ships within the U.S. I live in Canada and nothing is available up here.

Even Amazon.com will not ship here while Amazon.ca have no stock.

robzr

macrumors member
May 4, 2006
Portland, OR
You sure you want Grados? They'll make your ears beg for mercy - not in a good way ;) If you wear them for any duration of time they HURT, at least they did on my head. I tried some aftermarket pads, helped a little, but Grados just aren't designed with comfort in mind (retro styling takes priority I guess?). Sennheiser HD5xx/HD650s are sooooo much more comfy, and they sound great too.

Rob

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
I will second the Sennheisers, especially for comfort. I have HD555s, and I'm not an audiophile, but I think they sound really good, especially for less than $100

Romeo604

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
From experience i like the balance of the Grados as they can deliver amazing sound quality for any type of music.

I know they can get uncomfortable if you wear them for a long while but I can't seem to find another pair of headphones that is up to par with this model.

My original pair broke (S60) and that is why I am looking for one. Thanks for the advice though.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
You sure you want Grados? They'll make your ears beg for mercy - not in a good way ;) If you wear them for any duration of time they HURT, at least they did on my head. I tried some aftermarket pads, helped a little, but Grados just aren't designed with comfort in mind (retro styling takes priority I guess?). Sennheiser HD5xx/HD650s are sooooo much more comfy, and they sound great too.

I couldn't contradict you more. And there are absolutely no headphones that get better sound out of an iPod than the Grado SR60i.

Young Spade

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
From experience i like the balance of the Grados as they can deliver amazing sound quality for any type of music.

I know they can get uncomfortable if you wear them for a long while but I can't seem to find another pair of headphones that is up to par with this model.

My original pair broke (S60) and that is why I am looking for one. Thanks for the advice though.

That's good that you know what you want; yea, Sennheisers are NOT the way you want to go, as indicated by the post above me. Rolled off treble coming from the energetic sound signature that the Grados have? You'd hate them.

I always wanted a pair but I'd be limited in the places that I listen to music; e.g., the library.

SamuraiSam33

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2011
I purchased my SR-80's from JR audio (jr.com), at the time they were just slightly cheaper than any other price I could find. It looks though like the SR-80i's are inline with prices elsewhere, though.

If you can afford the extra bucks for the 80's I would say they're very worth it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.