Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
are there any issues with the sides of the case being loose and not a tight fit?

I noticed for the first time today that the sides seem to be loosening. There was always some pull available with the silver band, but after some time with it, it's gotten noticeably looser to the point where when I take my phone out of my pocket, the band usually comes a little apart. And it's only on the sides really, not the top. A couple of times, I also noticed the screen protectors coming off because the bands push the screens apart.

Still love the look of the bumper even with these issues..

bmwman3241

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2009
Anyone know if this is the Gunmetal or Metal slate? Its on their homepage.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 11.32.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 11.32.31 AM.png
    850.9 KB · Views: 121

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
wait what part is loosening? its a 2 piece bumper right?

It is a two piece bumper. The outer bumper is supposed to keep the inner band secure but i can now pull it half an inch or so from each side away from the phone. I don't notice it most of the time except when I'm wearing tighter jeans and have to take my phone out of my pocket. Then the bands come off the phone.

And, I'm really beginning to notice it yellowing now.

YUOWI

Suspended
Nov 9, 2012
I use all my equipment, I've always liked the SGP has a number of new / new mixed case of 4 and 4S:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.