Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
My Ipad 3 is now sluggish, takes ages to change a wallpaper, load PDF ect..

Definitely got slower not because I'm use to Iphone 5. Is it something to do with Ipad 4 and the IOS6.1 slowing down Ipad 3?

To me it actually seems slower than Ipad 2 as I've compared. What's everybody elses thoughts?

Poochi

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Toronto
conspiracy theory suggests whenever Apple releases a new product, a "time bomb" is triggered in older devices to make it slow and sluggish so you would go to Applestore to shop for a new one.

anubis1980

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
My Ipad 3 is now sluggish, takes ages to change a wallpaper, load PDF ect..

Definitely got slower not because I'm use to Iphone 5. Is it something to do with Ipad 4 and the IOS6.1 slowing down Ipad 3?

To me it actually seems slower than Ipad 2 as I've compared. What's everybody elses thoughts?

my three slowed down when ios 6 came out (every few minutes it the framerate of the screen would slow down) does same on the 4 too im hoping future releases of ios 6 will fix it. Its not a device issue as it happened on three ipads.

yours might just need to be reset? that can help too, not all of the ipads on 6 have the slowdown issue i have :)

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
You could do a restore.

Sometimes a process of some sort gets stuck running. The usual symptom is increased battery usage. I've had this problem once n my phone. I searched on the topic and found that others had the problem. The solution was a restore. I went to the Apple store and they plugged in some sort of diagnostic tool and confirmed that this was the case. There was no other solution than to do a restore. That took an hour or two including backups.

misterspeakeasy

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2012
United Kingdom
Same here.... iPad 3 running perceptibly slower

I think this happened round the time of IOS 6.

I have the 64Gb 3G UK model.

I am thinking that Apple may have seen this coming. Hence the rapid upgrade of the processor in iPad 4 and the removal of iPad 3 from the shelves.

I took a risk in getting the top of the range model when it was released, since it was never going to be compatible with UK 4G/LTE standards. Fortunately, it is compatible with the fastest variants of 3G in our cities. So I get download speeds of 12Mbps on public transport.

anubis1980

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
I think this happened round the time of IOS 6.

I have the 64Gb 3G UK model.

I am thinking that Apple may have seen this coming. Hence the rapid upgrade of the processor in iPad 4 and the removal of iPad 3 from the shelves.

I took a risk in getting the top of the range model when it was released, since it was never going to be compatible with UK 4G/LTE standards. Fortunately, it is compatible with the fastest variants of 3G in our cities. So I get download speeds of 12Mbps on public transport.

slows down on my 4 too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.