Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
I know this must be a question on many lips. And I am equally sure the answer can be a little more accurate than the reply: "how long is a piece of string?"

To help anyone else who is waiting, my details:

32Gb Black 4G/LTE
ordered 30 October
status showing 'Processing'
expected delivery: late November

Hope this info might help others find their bearings.

Not complaining! Quite the contrary.
I only have one life!

mine was ordered one minute after preorders began. And exactly the same status as you, apart from the north of england bit ;)

i still dont' think we'll see these until the week after next.

dhruveonmars

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2011
UK
Misco.co.uk mess up

great, nice one misdo. They omitted parts of my address, which are vital as I am in at university at the moment, now i'm gonna have to wait until monday to get my ipad mini.:mad:

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
yup I agree. apple have really botched this LTE version.

Disagree. They explicitly said LTE version available late November. If you don't get it late November, they've botched it.

Ideally, they'd have had them at launch, but heyho. I'm in the exact same stage as other LTE preorders btw, ordered by 0802 on launch day, and I'm certainly no Apple apologist.

Not been reading thread thoroughly, if people preordered wifi's at launch, promised delivery in first week and they're still waiting....THAT'S a botched launch.

Neil McRae

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2011
London, United Kingdom
Disagree. They explicitly said LTE version available late November. If you don't get it late November, they've botched it.

Ideally, they'd have had them at launch, but heyho. I'm in the exact same stage as other LTE preorders btw, ordered by 0802 on launch day, and I'm certainly no Apple apologist.

Not been reading thread thoroughly, if people preordered wifi's at launch, promised delivery in first week and they're still waiting....THAT'S a botched launch.

yes perhaps I am being harsh but I think you might want to check out the LTE per-order thread, it looks like a disaster in comparison to previous launches.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
yes perhaps I am being harsh but I think you might want to check out the LTE per-order thread, it looks like a disaster in comparison to previous launches.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Always find it hard to judge based on forums though, you never whether its a vocal minority or representative of everyone who's ordered. Fingers crossed for us Ukers eh :)

misterspeakeasy

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2012
United Kingdom
iPad mini LTE now showing 'dispatched'

mine was ordered one minute after preorders began. And exactly the same status as you, apart from the north of england bit ;)

Just an update (so that other UK iPad mini per-order people can see how the land lies)

Order status now showing: Dispatched
Delivery expected: 1 to 2 weeks
Estimated delivery dates: 30 November to 7 December

Seemingly, the fact that I am in the North of England (where most of us put ferrets down our trousers and eat bacon butties) has not much relevance.

----------

Just an update (so that other UK iPad mini pre-order brothers can see how the land lies)

Seemingly, the fact that I am in the North of England (where most of us put ferrets down our trousers and eat bacon butties) has not much relevance.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Just checked mine, same here. They weren't kidding when they said late November, tsk.

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
Just an update (so that other UK iPad mini per-order people can see how the land lies)

Lol! Nowt wrong with a good bacon butty. Brown sauce of course.

I have exactly the same on my order now.

Dates that is, not brown sauce.

misterspeakeasy

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2012
United Kingdom
Lol! Nowt wrong with a good bacon butty. Brown sauce of course.

I have exactly the same on my order now.

Dates that is, not brown sauce.

That sounds sensible (confining brown sauce to your bacon butty).

I have misunderstood the notification from Apple.

The notification means

The order is stil being processed
Dispatch will take place in 1 to 2 weeks
Arrival expected between 30 November and 7 December.

(In other words, it has not actually shipped yet).

Now, where did I put my clogs? They were here a moment ago.

modelbehaviour

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2007
UK
Does anyone know what my chances are of being able to walk into Sheffield Meadowhall store and pick up a 16GB black mini Monday next week? (or a black iPhone 5 16GB for that matter).

N0ddie

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2011
Glasgow
Does anyone know what my chances are of being able to walk into Sheffield Meadowhall store and pick up a 16GB black mini Monday next week? (or a black iPhone 5 16GB for that matter).

Its all down to luck tbh. Friends/family have tried and failed, other have succeeded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.