Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waiting4

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
Ordered my first ihone ever on Oct 27
32gb black
apple.com.au
unlocked
delivery date: 26 - 30 Nov

Going crazy, cant wait any longer!

champagnepapi

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Anyone order in september/early october and still not receive theirs?

I ordered a black 32GB on 30/9 from a retail store here in Sweden and still nothing. I'm really fed up with this retail store because they can't even give me an estimated delivery date. They just keep telling me that they don't know when the delivery from Apple will arrive, because according to them Apple only gives them a 24-hours notice.

kevinero

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2007
If you have Verizon I would definitely recommend ordering directly from their website over ordering from Apple. I had placed an order with Apple on Oct 29, as of yesterday still had no charge on my credit card or preparing for shipment on my order status. Pulled up the Verizon site and they showed available for shipping 11/16. Canceled my Apple order and did an order through them. Shipped today!

Drmedic

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2012
I plan on getting a sim-free handset, does anyone know if I order the iphone 5 online, and it comes with scratches. Could I go to an apple store and get a refund/exchange it?

paul8

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2010
USA
Ordered Oct 24, white16 GB ATT though apple.com
shipped Nov 16, will arrive Nov 23. It was supposed to arrive Nov 26-30.

It probably would have gotten here a lot sooner if I had ordered it through my ATT account and not through Apple.

smirk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
Orange County, CA
It seems like they're catching up on the demand.

Ordered two phones from Verizon over the phone on Nov. 11, it shipped today, will be delivered Nov. 20.

waiting4

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
Anybody ordered an unlocked iphone5 from one of these websites:
Think.of.us
Mobicity
?
Thinking of canceling my order at apple and using one of them.
Any experiences or comments?

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
If you have Verizon I would definitely recommend ordering directly from their website over ordering from Apple. I had placed an order with Apple on Oct 29, as of yesterday still had no charge on my credit card or preparing for shipment on my order status. Pulled up the Verizon site and they showed available for shipping 11/16. Canceled my Apple order and did an order through them. Shipped today!

Amen. Verizon has always had more stock, kind of crazy actually.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
I plan on getting a sim-free handset, does anyone know if I order the iphone 5 online, and it comes with scratches. Could I go to an apple store and get a refund/exchange it?

Yes. That happened to mine too. They exchanged it at my local Apple store on the spot, no questions asked.

abtm

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
I ordered a phone for my girlfriend October 25 2012 expected to arrive by 11/27 latest 12/6. It changed to "Preparing to Ship" at around 3:00pm EST on 11/17. I ordered mine through Apple.com it is an AT&T iPhone.

How long does "Preparing for Shipment" stay up before you get a tracking number usually?

///M Powah

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
Hawaii, US
I ordered a phone for my girlfriend October 25 2012 expected to arrive by 11/27 latest 12/6. It changed to "Preparing to Ship" at around 3:00pm EST on 11/17. I ordered mine through Apple.com it is an AT&T iPhone.

How long does "Preparing for Shipment" stay up before you get a tracking number usually?

1-2 days. I love my iPhone 5 :D

Drmedic

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2012
Bit the bullet and just ordered my iPhone online. Sim-free £599.99 =D
2-3 weeks waiting time. =D

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere

depends but anywhere from 1 to 5 days is what I have seen.

----------

32gb black
apple.com.au
unlocked

Wonder if it would be faster to cancel and order again since the wait times are down to 2 -3 days now?

waiting4

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
32gb black
apple.com.au
unlocked

Changed to "Preparing for shipment" today! At last!
Hope that an iphone is really worth this long wait!
Seems like they change to preparing for shipment exactly 7 days before the earliest delivery date.

RMUSA

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
Finally on its way

Ordered my iPhone5 16 GB Black/Slate from Apple on Oct. 22.

Prepared for shipment on November 18. Shipment began on Nov. 19. Expected delivery Nov. 23.

I should be pleased, I suppose, but at this point it's anticlimactic since I've had to wait this long already. Also, a tad bitter that I ordered from Apple since had I waited a week and ordered from AT&T I suspect my wait time would have been much less and I would already have a phone by now.

Apple seriously needs to work on its supply chain and logistics. I'll be extremely hesitant to order another iPhone. Also, for some dumb reason, Apple won't deliver to the U.S. Virgin Islands (even though we have USPS, FedEx and UPS here). So I won't get my phone for a further few days.

Maybe when I finally have a phone that works, and that works well, my perspective will change. Is there an emoticon for "bitter?"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.