Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
Sorry, a drop of 24% in a month and a half isn't profit-taking.

It's not the only thing, but I think it's a big piece of it ,driven by the fiscal cliff uncertainty... Take profits now before the tax rate jumps mentality. And few big caps rose as much as Apple this year.

mrmack44

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2012
On the Truck for Delivery

FedEx website tracking indicates mine is on the truck for delivery, and I didn't order it until November 4th.:)

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
FedEx website tracking indicates mine is on the truck for delivery, and I didn't order it until November 4th.:)

Yeah apple really botched this one. I ordered on the 1st and it says delivers mid nov. then nov 7 I got an email saying it'll ship within 5 days (12th). It didn't ship till today (the 16th - missed promise) and apple says delivers on the 22 (missed promise) and yet FedEx who I trust better knows delivery dates, says delivery on the 26. Absolutely absurd. Apple has really screwed this one up. I hope this is not a sign of the new apple. If I could find one in store I'd just go pick up and return the one that got over promised and under delivered.

purplewarlock

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
I got my LTE mini yesterday, love the form factor! :)

I had a hitch activating it with Verizon though. I first tried to activate LTE through the iPad, but it gave me a message saying to call a number or go to a Verizon store.

I went to my local store around 6pm last night and they tried for about 1.5 hours to activate (and during this time they removed my SIM at one point, not sure if they replaced it with another or what) my account then gave up, saying their computer system probably isn't recognizing it properly since it doesn't even go on sale until the next day, and they said come back in a day or two.

This morning, on my iPad I tried to add service again, and this time got a different message. It gave me a different phone number to call to complete the activation process. I was on hold for about 20 min and then spoke with someone who tried to activate me, then she said it wouldn't work because since my SIM activation failed the first time, it is now marked as ineligible as a saftey precaution (in case of it getting stolen or something).

So, she said they are mailing me a new SIM replacement that arrives in 2 business days, and once I receive it I should call them again. She gave me her personal phone # + extension at least. Not a big deal but a bit more of a hassle than I expected.

BMNB1tch

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2009
way too many damn products
and this is just the US list?!
WTF where is the 4x4 graph pro/consumer desktop/laptop ?!

iPad 2 Black
iPad 2 White

iPad New 16 Black
iPad New 32 Black
iPad New 64 Black

iPad New 16 White
iPad New 32 White
iPad New 64 White

iPad New 16 Black AT&T
iPad New 32 Black AT&T
iPad New 64 Black AT&T

iPad New 16 White AT&T
iPad New 32 White AT&T
iPad New 64 White AT&T

iPad New 16 Black Sprint
iPad New 32 Black Sprint
iPad New 64 Black Sprint

iPad New 16 White Sprint
iPad New 32 White Sprint
iPad New 64 White Sprint

iPad New 16 Black Verizon
iPad New 32 Black Verizon
iPad New 64 Black Verizon

iPad New 16 White Verizon
iPad New 32 White Verizon
iPad New 64 White Verizon

iPad Mini 16 Black
iPad Mini 32 Black
iPad Mini 64 Black

iPad Mini 16 White
iPad Mini 32 White
iPad Mini 64 White

iPad Mini 16 Black AT&T
iPad Mini 32 Black AT&T
iPad Mini 64 Black AT&T

iPad Mini 16 White AT&T
iPad Mini 32 White AT&T
iPad Mini 64 White AT&T

iPad Mini 16 Black Sprint
iPad Mini 32 Black Sprint
iPad Mini 64 Black Sprint

iPad Mini 16 White Sprint
iPad Mini 32 White Sprint
iPad Mini 64 White Sprint

iPad Mini 16 Black Verizon
iPad Mini 32 Black Verizon
iPad Mini 64 Black Verizon

iPad Mini 16 White Verizon
iPad Mini 32 White Verizon
iPad Mini 64 White Verizon

MacDarcy

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
My white, 64gig cellular iPad mini finally shipped from Shanghai YAY!

It does kinda suck that cellular stores even have them now. Kinda defeats the purpose of preordering. I ordered mine the day they were announced back in October! We should get first dibs...along with the freaks who wait overnight at the apple stores. Lol. Oh well. At least mine is on its way. Can't complain. Soon I will have it in my possession. Bwa-ha-ha!

When I called Apple up to inquire about where mine was last week, they gave me a free smart cover for my patience. So that's cool.:)

All in all, Im just excited about getting mine. ;-)

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
It's not the only thing, but I think it's a big piece of it ,driven by the fiscal cliff uncertainty... Take profits now before the tax rate jumps mentality. And few big caps rose as much as Apple this year.

Don't forget about plain old FUD. I actually think Apple is one of the most manipulates stocks on the market. Take Doug Kass, the hedge fund manager. Hhe helped drive the stock down over $130bn with plenty of FUD, and now he's out there saying it's a buy. This morning on CNBC some "analyst" was spouting off about "innovation" concerns, as if Apple is supposed to be cranking out revolutionary devices every 6 months. :rolleyes: They obviously chose to forget that the iPhone came out 6 years after the iPod and the iPad 3 years after that. After the iPhone 5 came out all the analysts said ok big deal, where's the iPad mini? Then the mini comes out and they all go meh, it's just a smaller iPad, big deal, when's iTV coming out. If that isn't FUD I don't know what is.

UMJD2002

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2011
Chicago, IL
Ordered mine at 3:00 AM (EST) on launch day. Got confirmation e-mail at 3:14 e-mail. It was just shipped today and will be delivered on November 26th! I've called Apple twice and no one can give me an answer as to what happened. They just say the demand was high. It's really annoying.

I just placed an Order online for the two iPads I had previously ordered and they are available for pick-up today. I'll get those and return the ones that were shipped to me next week. I really have better things to do than run to the Apple Store twice for something that should've arrived today or next Monday like everyone else's that ordered quickly.

xofruitcake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Don't forget about plain old FUD. I actually think Apple is one of the most manipulates stocks on the market. Take Doug Kass, the hedge fund manager. Hhe helped drive the stock down over $130bn with plenty of FUD, and now he's out there saying it's a buy. This morning on CNBC some "analyst" was spouting off about "innovation" concerns, as if Apple is supposed to be cranking out revolutionary devices every 6 months. :rolleyes: They obviously chose to forget that the iPhone came out 6 years after the iPod and the iPad 3 years after that. After the iPhone 5 came out all the analysts said ok big deal, where's the iPad mini? Then the mini comes out and they all go meh, it's just a smaller iPad, big deal, when's iTV coming out. If that isn't FUD I don't know what is.

heh heh, except you forget Apple has production problem for Iphone 5 and just barely catch up now. And management project a YoY earning decline this Q because of lower margin.. And they stated in the conference call that the new products has lower margin. What will be teh gross margin for 2013 product? What is not to worry about 2013 earning?

The FUD angle is bizzare. Apple is one of the biggest cap stock. Each day the trading volume is in the 10B+ range. Only mega fund manager has the ability to move the stock price. You think they will listen to CNBC or Bloomberg in investing their money?

Stosh68

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
I spammed Apple.com last night at 10pm to see if the 4 LTE was available for pickup. It was not. On a lark, I checked again this morning, and all of the San Diego stores showed black, Verizon 32GB 4's in stock for local pickup, so I ordered one and received an email 20 minutes later saying that it's ready for pickup.

Store opens at 10am, so I am going to run over there for lunch.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Actually, I just walked into the Buffalo NY Apple store, asked for a 64GB black ATT iPad 4 and was done in five minutes. That's the way I like launches :D

TimUSCA

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2006
Aiken, SC
This type of marketing goes against you when the person who's waiting buys another product instead.

There are many reasons Apple's stock value is down almost $200 per share in less than a month. This is at least a small portion of it.

I promise you that the number of units they sell because of the apparent demand far outweighs the number of units they lose because of customers who buy something else. It's smart marketing. Nintendo did it for years with the Wii.

But like I said... I don't think this is an artificial shortage just for marketing. I just think it's a convenient side-effect.

----------

iPad 2 Black
iPad 2 White

iPad New 16 Black
iPad New 32 Black
iPad New 64 Black

iPad New 16 White
iPad New 32 White
iPad New 64 White

iPad New 16 Black AT&T
iPad New 32 Black AT&T
iPad New 64 Black AT&T

iPad New 16 White AT&T
iPad New 32 White AT&T
iPad New 64 White AT&T

iPad New 16 Black Sprint
iPad New 32 Black Sprint
iPad New 64 Black Sprint

iPad New 16 White Sprint
iPad New 32 White Sprint
iPad New 64 White Sprint

iPad Mini 16 Black
iPad Mini 32 Black
iPad Mini 64 Black

iPad Mini 16 White
iPad Mini 32 White
iPad Mini 64 White

iPad Mini 16 Black AT&T
iPad Mini 32 Black AT&T
iPad Mini 64 Black AT&T

iPad Mini 16 White AT&T
iPad Mini 32 White AT&T
iPad Mini 64 White AT&T

I don't see what the big deal is. People have been whining for "choice" for years, and now they have it.

Bheleu

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2010
How come other places always have more stock than Apple.com? Like right now, you can order an iPhone 5 from Verizon and have it shipped today.

Same deal with the iPad mini. I understand Verizon just put their models up for sale, but they have instant availability of that and the iPhone. Where as Apple lists 2-3 weeks.

....eeeeeaaaaasyyyy...
They have stock because nobody wants to go in and deal with all the upselling they try to do. Apple does not have stock, because people want the Apple Store experience.

Digitaleephotog

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2012
Oklahoma City apple store

Penn square mall in Oklahoma City has the 4th gen LTE, but is currently sold out of the mini LTE.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
....eeeeeaaaaasyyyy...
They have stock because nobody wants to go in and deal with all the upselling they try to do. Apple does not have stock, because people want the Apple Store experience.

And if you buy online and have it delivered? No difference really. But yeah, most people probably think to buy it from Apple and not a carrier store.

blackcrayon

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2003
If you're looking for the 4th gen iPad, be sure to call your local store(s) after checking availability online. I called, they said they had the 32 gb verizon model. When I got to the store, the salesperson said they didn't have them. I told him I called and they did... he checked in the back.. And they did.

Immediately canceled my order on apple.com since it was still processing.

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
I order my iPad 4th gen White 64GB Verizon on Nov 8th, it was just shipped out
today FedEx and should arrive 23rd Fedex says but possible a day earlier.

I Pre Order the iPad mini White 64GB Verizon on Oct 26th shipped UPS
got it yesterday morning.

----------

Yeah apple really botched this one. I ordered on the 1st and it says delivers mid nov. then nov 7 I got an email saying it'll ship within 5 days (12th). It didn't ship till today (the 16th - missed promise) and apple says delivers on the 22 (missed promise) and yet FedEx who I trust better knows delivery dates, says delivery on the 26. Absolutely absurd. Apple has really screwed this one up. I hope this is not a sign of the new apple. If I could find one in store I'd just go pick up and return the one that got over promised and under delivered.

I totally agree pre order people should be handle properly and received
product before going to stores. But Apple trying to bring in as much
money as it can Holiday season.

I pre order the iPad mini White 64GB Verizon on Oct 26th shipped UPS
got it yesterday morning.

I order my iPad 4th gen White 64GB Verizon on Nov 8th, it was just shipped out today FedEx and should arrive 23rd Fedex says but possible a day earlier.

nickgri

macrumors member
May 9, 2011
Lte

Does this mean a phone functionality will be in the ipad? Why is it not built in anyway why should we have to carry around multiple objects or tether them etc.? I still want the watch that unfolds to the size of the iphone!

Starfox

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2011
I bought a 64GB Verizon LTE 4th-generation iPad at BestBuy this noon. (Bangor, Maine USA).

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009

iPad 2 Black
iPad 2 White

iPad New 16 Black
iPad New 32 Black
iPad New 64 Black

iPad New 16 White
iPad New 32 White
iPad New 64 White

iPad New 16 Black AT&T
iPad New 32 Black AT&T
iPad New 64 Black AT&T

iPad New 16 White AT&T
iPad New 32 White AT&T
iPad New 64 White AT&T

iPad New 16 Black Sprint
iPad New 32 Black Sprint
iPad New 64 Black Sprint

iPad New 16 White Sprint
iPad New 32 White Sprint
iPad New 64 White Sprint

iPad Mini 16 Black
iPad Mini 32 Black
iPad Mini 64 Black

iPad Mini 16 White
iPad Mini 32 White
iPad Mini 64 White

iPad Mini 16 Black AT&T
iPad Mini 32 Black AT&T
iPad Mini 64 Black AT&T

iPad Mini 16 White AT&T
iPad Mini 32 White AT&T
iPad Mini 64 White AT&T

LOL and people want color choices.

Maybe each in 6 sexy candy colors?

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
My local AT&T store received a bunch of 32GB white around 3 PM PT. Since that's what I was interested in I didn't ask about other colors or capacities (other than they received no 16GB white).

Also, great customer service. I called last night to see when they would be in and the guy took my number and said they would come in around noon and he would call me. He called about 10:30 AM to let me know he wasn't to work yet. He called me around 12:30 to let me know they hadn't arrived yet. Then he called around 3 to let me know he'd hold one for me. There must be a good commission on them. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.