Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

token787

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012
harry potter

i hate them too, i have like 5 different iphone cases and they all had to go after one day. I just cant stand losing the "feel" of the device i paid so much money for. Now i'm simply using a skin and even that is starting to annoy me

lol

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
Well this case manages to be rediculously giant, ugly, and pointless all at the same time. I know this forum is filled with Apple fanboys but I mean really, why do people like these rediculous cases?

JS3

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2010
Very cool this way when im on the phone I can show everyone all the credit cards in my wallet.:confused:

HarryKeogh

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
I love my bookbook on my 4S. Just wish they'd ditch the book motif and offer plain styling. But I do love having my phone and wallet together.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Been waiting for this!
These folks have great products.

I finally saw one of these up close today when in Starbucks. A guy had it out on the table top, I noticed, asked him how he liked it and how old it was.

He said it was one of the originals, it was in amazing condition. Kind of different. Very nice. I may just have to order one for the fun of it. Certainly interesting.

huntermaclean

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2010
Everyone is saying "WHO WOULD BUY THIS!!??" Well, here is why I bought the BookBook and am buying one for my iPhone 5.

I was in a taxi on my iPhone and set it down on my lap while I was talking to my wife. Didn't realize where my phone was until I had left the cab and I never saw it again. (cue the critics "JUST PUT IT IN YOUR POCKET DUMA$$!")

Well, I'm happy with my BookBook. It looks great, can sit on my desk as an angle a-la-iPad, and I haven't ever misplaced it.

One final thing for the guy who yapping about protection. My BookBook has flopped out of my hands and onto the floor plenty of times and the leather protected it every time. My dad had a case on his 4S and it fell face first on the pavement. Cracked screen. I'm sure my BookBook has paid for itself over the many times I've faceplanted it on the floor!

kppolich

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2010
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Had one on my 4S, loved it. Now that I've had my 5 I can see how convenient it is, but with light weight aluminum frame of the iPhone 5 and the reports of "bent" 5's already I wouldn't put my 5 in this case and back pocket it.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Had one on my 4S, loved it. Now that I've had my 5 I can see how convenient it is, but with light weight aluminum frame of the iPhone 5 and the reports of "bent" 5's already I wouldn't put my 5 in this case and back pocket it.

I wouldn't put my iPhone, in a case, skin, naked, or otherwise, in my back pocket. That's basically begging for a pickpocket.

BL.

Sermon

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2009
I'm curious, who is this case popular with?

Me. This is the ONLY case for me. I've been waiting for this one ever since the iPhone 5 was announced and I won't go for anything else. Great quality, also holds your credit cards and money and looks great. A definite must-buy for me.

extricated

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
Arkansas
Funny how folks are getting worked up over this.

It's simply a matter of personal preference and individual tastes.

I guess that's what forums are for - expressing different opinions.
However, some of you seem to have anger management issues. :)

fredr500

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
Will this fit in a man's shirt pocket? That's where my iphone lives, and if I can keep a wallet out of my pants pocket that give me another option for other things I carry.

Smigit

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2011
I'll admit; bad picture and scenario to use the phone. In all practicality, bluetooth is used the most with this case or any wallet case..
Given the popularity of bluetooth headsets, I very much doubt that the majority of users of this are using headsets. I imagine it's the vast minority just as with any other mobile phone/case combination out there.

sbrhwkp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2005
Lake George, NY
What's the point of keeping your phone scratch free if it's covered by a case anyway? You can't see it! A few scratches on a beautiful phone is much more aesthetically pleasing than a big ugly case ruining the whole look of the phone.

Because with a case like that, your phone isn't always in the case. It's easy to remove and pull out when you want to hold it in your hand from time to time.

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
Because with a case like that, your phone isn't always in the case. It's easy to remove and pull out when you want to hold it in your hand from time to time.

But i like to hold it in my hand without taking it out of anything. I just don't like cases. Tried them many times, not for me.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
I'm curious, who is this case popular with?

30319543.jpg

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
It does look a little different, besides being taller with an extra card slot and thinner along with a camera hole.

It seems like it won't be as easy to take the phone out now, because there's a different framing around it now. I guess they figured since there's a camera hole, people won't need to take the phone out. I personally wouldn't need to, but that was a topic of debate in this thread.

The brown also looks better this time around, at least in my opinion. I think it looks good, although some are going to complain how the framing around the phone isn't the same.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Hey, let's not get so heated up.

My point was I doubt that the main market of this cases are 17-18 yo young woman.

They are more likely 35-40 yo middle class (white?) professionals, yet they don't show a picture of that.
Congrats, you just figured out marketing.

SqB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Northern Colorado
Well, it's up on their website now. And you can order now! Sweet.

Kind of crappy that those of us on their mailing list who expressed interest months ago get no special warning or early ordering. Seems like we should have at least had the opportunity to get to the front of the line on ordering.

I'm still ordering one because the quality of their products is amazing, but not happy about the lack of info.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Kind of crappy that those of us on their mailing list who expressed interest months ago get no special warning or early ordering. Seems like we should have at least had the opportunity to get to the front of the line on ordering.

I'm still ordering one because the quality of their products is amazing, but not happy about the lack of info.

I got an e-mail from them. What did you expect? When you sign up to get updates, all any company is going to do is let you know it's available for order. There is never any special treatment.

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2009
Well this case manages to be rediculously giant, ugly, and pointless all at the same time. I know this forum is filled with Apple fanboys but I mean really, why do people like these rediculous cases?

It's "ridiculous", not "rediculous". Sorry to be that guy.

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
I actually talk on my iPhone, I bet it would look pretty silly answering a small leather-bound book all day.

----------

In fact they probably sold your email address, and everyone else who signed up, to help finance their hipster book cover for iPhone business.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.