Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

micrors4racer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
Does your headphone plug sit straight when plugged in into your iPhone 5? Mine sits slightly bent toward the lightning port maybe 1 or 2 degrees. Tried my old pair of headphones and still the same. Not sure if its an illusion or not.

Cody21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Does your headphone plug sit straight when plugged in into your iPhone 5? Mine sits slightly bent toward the lightning port maybe 1 or 2 degrees. Tried my old pair of headphones and still the same. Not sure if its an illusion or not.

I'm glad someone else has noticed this.

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
I always thought it was just me!! doesn't bother me or anything, just thought it was always a little off

micrors4racer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
No issues with it either just wanted to know if its normal so I don't have to waste time with exchanging it. Thanks guys

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
My friends iphone 5 wouldn't even hold a headphone plug, it kept falling out. The genius said it was missing the thing that locks it into place.

gufoi

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
faulty headphone port

Not only is the headphone port not straight on my iPhone 5 (which I may not care much about) but the connections are also faulty, triggering Siri, music playback or pausing movies every time the phone sits in the pocket or the jack is touched. Build quality of this phone is simply miserable: looks great on the outside, piece of crap on the inside. iPhone 4S was built much better.

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
Mine's not absolutely straight either, but it doesn't bother me. I'll replace it if it starts affecting the sound.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
The headphone plug is straight, but your phone is crooked.

----------

You're holding it wrong :p

Exactly. Here is the proper way to hold it. Apparently nobody was paying attention at Steve's seminar.

Jobs.jpg

Last edited:

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
The headphone plug is straight, but your phone is crooked.

----------

Exactly. Here is the proper way to hold it. Apparently nobody was paying attention at Steve's seminar.

Haha, what's the story behind this photo?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.