Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beergut

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
I'm avoiding the mall at all costs for the sake of going to check but when can I walk into the Apple store and walk out with an iPad mini?

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
I'm avoiding the mall at all costs for the sake of going to check but when can I walk into the Apple store and walk out with an iPad mini?

Why not call and ask if they have them in stock and then go to the store. They're sold out online but many stores get a descent amount of stock delivered daily.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Here in the uk stores get stock daily if its a 10am store 16gb models are gone by 11am 32 & 64gb models are avalible a lot later in the day

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
Use the Apple Store online to reserve one at your local store. The local stores update their stock around 10pm each night. Go to the online Apple Store around that time, put the Mini in your cart, tell it you want to pick it up at the local store instead of having it shipped. Then you can see if any of the stores near you have one. If they do, select the store and check out. You'll get an email the next morning telling you when it's ready to be picked up, and you'll be in and out of the store quickly. If you don't see any in stock right away, refresh every few minutes. Sometimes the update doesn't happen right at 10pm.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Use the reserve system. If your local apple store actually uses it, you will easily get one.

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
Use the reserve system. If your local apple store actually uses it, you will easily get one.

I wouldn't say easily. It depends on which model you want. After looking for a week I wasn't able to find a 16GB white iPad Mini within several hundred miles of where I live. I got a black 32GB one pretty easily. But different models are definitely more in demand than others.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
I walked into my Apple store on launch day, AFTER WORK, and they still had iPad Minis in stock.

New shipments arrive every single day. If you are worried about it, use the reserve system, call ahead, or arrive right when they open.

pasadena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Seattle, WA
I walked into my Apple store on launch day, AFTER WORK, and they still had iPad Minis in stock.

New shipments arrive every single day. If you are worried about it, use the reserve system, call ahead, or arrive right when they open.

I walked into mine on launch day, early afternoon, and they still had all flavors of black but were sold out of whites. The guy I spoke with told me he didn't know if it was because they were in higher demand or if they'd received less stock.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
My local Target had them just sitting there on the shelves. Maybe try giving them a call. They have a good return policy due to the holidays as well.

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
i walked in

I walked in after work one day last week and grabbed one. It was a 64gb though. I didn't even ask about the other sizes. This was in Norfolk, Va.

nizmoz

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
I just walked into my local target and they had them in stock. Picked up a 64gb black mini.

beergut

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
Use the Apple Store online to reserve one at your local store. The local stores update their stock around 10pm each night. Go to the online Apple Store around that time, put the Mini in your cart, tell it you want to pick it up at the local store instead of having it shipped. Then you can see if any of the stores near you have one. If they do, select the store and check out. You'll get an email the next morning telling you when it's ready to be picked up, and you'll be in and out of the store quickly. If you don't see any in stock right away, refresh every few minutes. Sometimes the update doesn't happen right at 10pm.

It only took me 3 different calls to the store to actually speak to anyone...but they told me just this. They also told me they haven't received any shipments in 5 days. :mad:

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
It only took me 3 different calls to the store to actually speak to anyone...but they told me just this. They also told me they haven't received any shipments in 5 days. :mad:

Wow, that's surprising. Sorry you're having so much trouble. The store I went to only had a few...they still seem fairly scarce right now. Hopefully you'll get your hands on one soon.

beergut

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
Wow, that's surprising. Sorry you're having so much trouble. The store I went to only had a few...they still seem fairly scarce right now. Hopefully you'll get your hands on one soon.

I wouldn't call it trouble, I was just tying to look at my options! I'm not the only person who wants a iPad mini...so does the rest of the world. :)

I think it's great actually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.