Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rishi27

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Just gave a call to apple support cause of my battery issues, they are sending me a replacement:)...

Now I just hope the replacement is not refurbished or scuffed right outta box..:D

CowboysFan

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
Just gave a call to apple support cause of my battery issues, they are sending me a replacement:)...

Now I just hope the replacement is not refurbished or scuffed right outta box..:D

Well do yourself a favor and don't look into the serial number. As long as you don't do that you won't be able to tell it's refurbished.

rishi27

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Well do yourself a favor and don't look into the serial number. As long as you don't do that you won't be able to tell it's refurbished.

Can't help it... That would be the first thing I will look at:p

CowboysFan

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
Can't help it... That would be the first thing I will look at:p

Well considering that it's been over a month since the release and the fact that so many were initially returned be ready to be highly disappointed. What battery issues were you having?

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
Nice, congrats on the swap.

I wouldnt worry about getting a refurb. Refurbs are tested more than brand new, and also get new externals and batteries.

I understand that if you bought a brand new phone recently, you'd want another brand new phone. And I'm sure you'll get a new one.

I had my 4S for 10 months, and in September I took it in to be looked at for a hardware issue. They swapped it out no problem, and when I checked the serial I found out it was just made September 2012. So after 10 months I still got a brand new 4S and not a refurb.

Hopefully it's perfect out of box!

rishi27

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Well considering that it's been over a month since the release and the fact that so many were initially returned be ready to be highly disappointed. What battery issues were you having?

Stop jinxing it!:p... Battery backup was pretty bad, it would die on me with only less than 4 hrs of use.

rishi27

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Well considering that it's been over a month since the release and the fact that so many were initially returned be ready to be highly disappointed.

On the other note if it turns out to be a refurbished one, can I ask for a new peice cause my original phone is like 2 weeks old??:confused:

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
On the other note if it turns out to be a refurbished one, can I ask for a new peice cause my original phone is like 2 weeks old??:confused:

You can ask but I doubt you're gonna get one, you sent your phone back and asked for a replacement and you got one.

CowboysFan

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
You can ask but I doubt you're gonna get one, you sent your phone back and asked for a replacement and you got one.

I don't really get what your issue is with a refurbished phone anyway. I get the idea of people saying well I bought a new phone and I want a new replacement but for all purposes a rufurbished phone is brand new. They replaced everything in and around the phone that matters. I'd say you either should have lived with a phone that got you 4 hours of use or be happy that you are getting what can be argued to be a brand new phone either way.

rishi27

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Got my Replacement phone today in a slim white box. But just checked for its imei number with unlock_fusion and it seems to be already unlocked... How come??:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.