Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Is "Breakthrough" Too Strong a Word?

This strikes me as a good way to go about things. The parties get to set the rules that the arbitrator must follow, within prescribed limits. Confidentiality can be enhanced as well.

Let's hope that cooler heads finally are starting to prevail at the GC's office at Apple.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
I can't believe Motorola still has that logo. Now that Google owns then, they've really got to replace the 50's bra with something a little more modern.

Now that you mention it, you're right. It's like something from "The World of Tomorrow" circa 1964 World's Fair.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
What???
Please stop with this "stolen" nonsense.
It's pure FUD.

Some people think different from you on that topic:

"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong. I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this."

--Steve Jobs

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012
The only corporation that is ridiculous is Samsung.

God awful, distasteful company that the world would be a much better place without..

This isn't a 'fanboystic' approach; more personal through use of their dire products.

S

You keep telling yourself that.

----------

Some people think different from you on that topic:

"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong. I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this."

--Steve Jobs

He spread the most FUD about Android and people ate it all up, and still do.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
It's a complex topic when it comes to the array of patent claims. You can't simply reduce that to a two line description.

Steve said it.
I believe it.
And THAT'S IT.

OK. Three lines.

/s

evansls

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2004
Leesburg, VA
I can't believe Motorola still has that logo. Now that Google owns then, they've really got to replace the 50's bra with something a little more modern.

...This is where everyone scrolls up the page to see if the logo looks like a 50's bra.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
I don't know about android being a stolen OS, but you certainly will shut up if i said Samsung copied apple. :rolleyes:

Typically anytime someone references one of those cases, they don't even understand the claims. The articles on here are designed as light reading most of the time. Sometimes further reference is provided via links, which is helpful if you find it interesting or wish to know everything possible for investment purposes. I'm just really tired of parroted lines.

Steve said it.
I believe it.
And THAT'S IT.

OK. Three lines.

/s

I wish Steve Balmer would come and take you away right now:p. I bet you'll never get that reference.

kdarling

macrumors P6
...This is where everyone scrolls up the page to see if the logo looks like a 50's bra.

You can see it here, in the graphics from a Japanese high school anime story that cast all the phone makers as characters. Motorola is on the far right. Next left is HTC (her HTC wallpaper apron gives it away), then prim Nokia with the cup. Not sure who's next, but then the crazy one with the blaster is Samsung, with LG left of her. The Apple boy is easy.

anime_smartphones.png

As for the news, it should be noted that Motorola first brought up the idea of arbitration on Nov. 5, just before a federal judge in Wisconsin threw out Apple's lawsuit claiming Motorola was misusing its FRAND patents.

Last edited:

camnchar

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2006
Yeah, if he were alive, Steve Jobs might have stroked out seeing Android's market share today. It's playing out a bit like late 80s-early 90s Apple vs Microsoft.

DaveN

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2010
Basically Apple is being reasonable and Samsung isn't

Yet the fandroids keep screaming at Apple. Go figure.

tshrimp

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2012
I hope not. Android is a stolen OS, it would be disgusting if Google get away with this.

How so? You do realize the iPhone was not the 1st phone with icon, gui OS right, and app store...right? I had a pos LG that had it many years ago.

And I have used both as you probably have, and they are very different phones/operating systems.

johnsy

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
apple is deadbeat company. Steve is dead, there is no innovation anymore. Jonathan Ive can do all the design that he wants, but the core idea - to make great products is dead. Products became disposable, without any family relationship, without any interoperability and so on... Junk...

tshrimp

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2012
Yeah, if he were alive, Steve Jobs might have stroked out seeing Android's market share today. It's playing out a bit like late 80s-early 90s Apple vs Microsoft.

Yep. This worries me. I don't want to see this happen again.

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
"Apple's major foe is, however, still Samsung and it appears that there may be no settlement in sight for that dispute."

No kidding. Samsung lost the war. They're fast will a billion dollars in damages that they must pay Apple. They're going to do everything they can including spending that billion dollars on lawyers to avoid paying that billion dollars to Apple. In the end Samsung may lose twice over. Either way they're losers for having copied their customer's product and tried to sell it. This is making it so they're losing their customer too.

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA

There is nothing wrong with the batwing logo. It is a timeless logo much like the Coca-Cola logo or the Ford blue oval. There is no reason to change a classic logo that has instant recognition from consumers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.