Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Titus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
I've had a high-end Canon camcorder for 5 years and a flip video. The Canon had been repaired once, then broke again so I sold it on e-bay. The flip video is no longer supported so it's useless to me.

I have a Canon EOS Xti that I use for photography but it's not suitable for video.

I'm looking for something easy that I can use with iMovie and easily upload clips to Youtube and FB. I really don't want to replace my Xti because the card/batteries are different and it'll be too expensive.

I looked at some inexpensive (under $300) camcorders in Best Buy and they have WiFi and 40x optical zoon with image stability.

Any suggestions?

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
any canon vixia has my vote. some are better then others but overall the vixia lineup from canon is pretty good.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Buy a cheap Sony that will go with iMovie. That is if you are looking for something basic.
;)

Titus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
I'm really a Canon person but the JVC (not at all fond of the brand) had some Wifis for under $300...all high def....all easily integrated with iMovie.

I also looked at some Sony products. Just not sure. I guess I just need to do more research.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
One can only advice. I always say go with your instincts. For those who hum and Ha are lost. You know what you like? So go and have a look and good Luck.:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.