Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
Well, hey, awesome about the one, right?

I guess, with my luck I won't see the phone until the middle of next week. UPS is a disaster in my location in the east coast. They made the IPad mini launch a mess for a few on the east coast.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Over on Android Central I am seeing a lot of people getting shipping notices today... some even to be delivered today.

There is still hope, folks!

Mike

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
I noticed the Nexus 4 is available to order on T-Mobile.com...?

Is there a catch or something? I'm half-thinking about getting it on T-Mobile and then paying the ETF with AT&T (T-Mobile is cheaper + faster for the Nexus 4)... Crazy talk?

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
I noticed the Nexus 4 is available to order on T-Mobile.com...?

Is there a catch or something? I'm half-thinking about getting it on T-Mobile and then paying the ETF with AT&T (T-Mobile is cheaper + faster for the Nexus 4)... Crazy talk?

T-mobile one is on contract at $200. $350 unlocked straight from Google. If you want to do a contract sure, but most people like the price bc it is unlocked with no contract. up to you..

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
T-mobile one is on contract at $200. $350 unlocked straight from Google. If you want to do a contract sure, but most people like the price bc it is unlocked with no contract. up to you..

From several sources, the T-Mobile one is unlocked as well. It's the exact same phone.

My AT&T ETF would be $185, making the total cost $385+taxes, which is not much more than the $350 + shipping + taxes I would pay with Google...

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
I know exactly what you mean, but if it is back ordered...I just feel they don't deserve my business.....not just the cost of the phone, but the apps I would buy and possibly a tablet. Poor customer service is the easiest way to lose someone :(

Fully understandable.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
From several sources, the T-Mobile one is unlocked as well. It's the exact same phone.

My AT&T ETF would be $185, making the total cost $385+taxes, which is not much more than the $350 + shipping + taxes I would pay with Google...

well that's good info to know. i guess as long as you are cool with a T-Mobile contract then go for it ya know.

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
Is there any way I can order the phone under a sort of preorder type thing? I'm never gonna be able to buy one when they go on Google Play again because I have classes :/

Basically what I mean is pay for it fully and just wait 4 weeks for to be sent.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Is there any way I can order the phone under a sort of preorder type thing? I'm never gonna be able to buy one when they go on Google Play again because I have classes :/

Basically what I mean is pay for it fully and just wait 4 weeks for to be sent.

Nope. We're ****ed, both you and me. :mad:

(;) to tell you I'm not *actually* mad. Well, a little, but not very. :D)

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
Nope. We're ****ed, both you and me. :mad:

(;) to tell you I'm not *actually* mad. Well, a little, but not very. :D)

Im mad... I sold my ONLY smartphone to buy this. Not I'm stuck with an old BlackBerry! I have carry my Nexus 7 everywhere just to have smartphone features!

I wish I had the extra $200 to just buy it out of contract on T-Mobile

whoknows87

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
S.Florida
Im mad... I sold my ONLY smartphone to buy this. Not I'm stuck with an old BlackBerry! I have carry my Nexus 7 everywhere just to have smartphone features!

I wish I had the extra $200 to just buy it out of contract on T-Mobile

how much is t mobile selling it for out of contract? same as google play now?

lamboman

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
Just to let you know how badly have messed this up, I ordered a 16GB model and received an 8GB model instead. After much faffing, Google finally sorted out an RMA to swap. Hopefully this should be sorted shortly (my Play Store order history states that I should receive the new device on the 20th).

However, the phone is great. Battery life is definitely poorer than my iPhone 5 on Wi-Fi, but I'm more interested to see how it fares over 3G.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Just to let you know how badly have messed this up, I ordered a 16GB model and received an 8GB model instead. After much faffing, Google finally sorted out an RMA to swap. Hopefully this should be sorted shortly (my Play Store order history states that I should receive the new device on the 20th).

However, the phone is great. Battery life is definitely poorer than my iPhone 5 on Wi-Fi, but I'm more interested to see how it fares over 3G.

At least you got something. Still in limbo over here. No shipping info, no back order email, and CSR reps can't tell me anything b.c they don't know either.

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
At least you got something. Still in limbo over here. No shipping info, no back order email, and CSR reps can't tell me anything b.c they don't know either.

Ditto. Starting to get a little pissed. Google made me pay for 2 day shipping but we are now on day 4 and have no news. IMO, we should be getting free shipping at this point too.

sotorious

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2010
Any difference with the T-Mobile version? Any bloatware?

----------

With so much demand, I don't see google rushing to provide another version soon. Probably when 16gb sales go down, google will announce a 32gb model.

Nope all stock here no t-mobile apps loaded or anything

----------

Eh, im pretty parient with these things and dont have that, i need it now mentality so im more for getting it for $349 than spending more and having it a few weeks sooner. I just have to wait for a 32gb announment whether its a go or not.

i didnt mind it really it was 100 bucks more. becasue shipping and everything came out to 392, i had the new phone itch for about 6 months, as soon as i found one in town i jumped on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.