Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
In my humble opinion? Don't do it. I honestly don't think they will be around much longer.

Like the Danger Sidekick/Hiptop they were revolutionary devices that most folks have forgotten about.

I think in six months you'd regret it.

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
If the only thing you do on your phone is talk, email, and text then the BB is a fine platform. If you would like to anything else that make a smartphone smart like surf the net, use apps, enjoy multimedia, play games, etc. then an iPhone or Android phone is a vastly better choice. Heck, even the last Nokia OS was better.

Once BB 10 comes out and is a complete bust the company will be broke up and sold off within a couple of years. They started losing enterprise customers years ago but now they are also losing government customers. Enterprise and government is what is keeping them alive. Now that they are losing that it's only a matter of time. They lost momentum and they aren't getting it back. The cooperate culture is that company was so screwed by the time they even made an attempt to change it it was way to late. They are a dead company walking, just a matter of time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.