Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krashx7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
It would be even better if it blocked all notifcations while you were still using your phone. Like say playing a game perhaps.. Kind of a pain to go in and turn off everything individually.

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
It would also be nice if it didn't assume that your schedule was exactly the same every day of the week.

It's a shame that DnD is just another good idea, but poorly thought out or implemented feature... something Apple has been putting out more and more recently.

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
It would also be nice if it didn't assume that your schedule was exactly the same every day of the week.

It's a shame that DnD is just another good idea, but poorly thought out or implemented feature... something Apple has been putting out more and more recently.

its still a feature that didn't exist at all before. i enjoy it, but it can be tweaked.

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
I don't get my they don't do the same thing as they did in Mountain Lion. Place it in the Notification Center.

Much more accessible, and convenient. I hate going into Settings app to do this.

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
It didn't exist on the iPhone before, but many other phones (even dumb ones) have had a similar feature in the past... except they were often implemented better and with more control.

then perhaps if that is top needed feature some people should switch back to their dumb phones. why pay more for less?

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
then perhaps if that is top needed feature some people should switch back to their dumb phones. why pay more for less?

Simple...the Apps.

Besides, I never said it was the top feature, just one (of many) that the iPhone didn't implement as well as many dumb phone...right along with multiple profiles and time stamps on texts.

Oui

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
Agreed its a great start.
Nice thing is it can be tweaked at any iOS update level.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.