Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waa1futs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
Will Haswell finally give the 11 inch MBA "up to 7 hours" of battery life? This is the main thing holding me back from getting the 11 inch air atm.

I'm a college student and could really use the portability of the 11 inch but hate the idea that I would only get 3 hours of medium usage. Not only that but over years battery capacity gets worn down so starting with a quoted "up to 7 hours" battery life is especially key :(

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
No, Apple will just make it thinner with smaller batteries to compensate :p

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
No way to know until we get closer to next year's release. Everything else is pure speculation at this point.

mortenandersen

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
Norway
I hope Apple will go for more battery capacity

Don't forget a more power hungry high-res display.

When Haswell arrives, I really hope that Apple will retain the now great formfactor of the Air 11 and that the battery time will be improved, in spite of the screen perhaps will demand more energy. I sure hope that Apple will NOT make it even thinner or lighter (eventhough I can see the value of an even lighter machine....) if this means that the Air 11 will not get a battery time than the present model.

The small and light fromfactor of the 11 is one of the most valued features for me and many more, but I should be wisely balanced with a decent battery capacity, and I hope Apple will take also that into account.

Last edited:

unagimiyagi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
I too find the battery to be 3.5 hours, real world usage. Maybe 4. Not anywhere no way ever 7 hours unless it's idling at minimum writing a word document, bluetooth, wifi off, taking a break often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.