Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPadMini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
America
iPad Mini Invellop Case Review

$14.99 For Black- http://www.amazon.com/INVELLOP-Leatherette-feature-MD531LL-MD528LL/dp/B009JRMBVG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353117995&sr=8-1&keywords=ipad+mini+invellop+case

$19.99 For All Other Colors- http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ipad+mini+invellop+leatherette&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aipad+mini+invellop+leatherette

Design
5/5

• Very thin profile
• Looks and seems like the Apple Smart Cover
• All slots are easily accessible
• Feels like an expensive nice leather case
• The smart cover stay attatched to the screen
• Smart Cover feels like a nice leather and isn’t too stiff or flappy
• Bazillions of colors
Colors available:
— Black
— Brown
— Dark Magenta
— Grey
— Orange
— Pink
— Red
— Vintage Blue
— Lime Green
— White
— Navy Blue
— Purple

Protection
5/5
• The back feels very hard and protective
• Bottom of Smart Cover is a nice soft smart cover
• All ports and slots are easily accessible
• Thin but feels strong

Function
5/5
• Smart Cover!
• Has two different angles for typing and viewing video
• Again very thin and comparable to the Smart Cover

Final Verdict
5/5

Out of all the cases I’ve reviewed this is easily the best. For only $14.99 you get the great looks and colors of the smart cover and luxury feel and looks to it too. This doesn’t feel flimsy or cheap it feels like a case that could be easily priced at $40+ , like the Smart Cover. If I had to buy any case at the moment, this would be it.

This was a quick written review for the Invellop Smart Case. You can check out my channel in the description for the full review. I'll try my best to upload some pictures if I have the time tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSC03270.JPG
    DSC03270.JPG
    335.8 KB · Views: 568
  • DSC03271.JPG
    DSC03271.JPG
    463.9 KB · Views: 357
  • DSC03272.JPG
    DSC03272.JPG
    406.3 KB · Views: 459
  • DSC03268.JPG
    DSC03268.JPG
    402.7 KB · Views: 388
  • DSC03269.JPG
    DSC03269.JPG
    312 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
When you flip the cover over, like a book, does the magnet hold on to the back? If so, how strong is the hold?

I like the Apple Smart Cover, but wish the magnet was stronger on the back to keep it held in place.

-Kevin

rprr

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
When you flip the cover over, like a book, does the magnet hold on to the back? If so, how strong is the hold?

I like the Apple Smart Cover, but wish the magnet was stronger on the back to keep it held in place.

-Kevin
Yes, the magnet does hold onto the back. It appears strong enough to me. This is a great case.

----------

To the OP:

At present the only case color for the mini is the black. The other colors are for the regular iPad.

rprr

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
Oh wow I'm interested in this, but the only color I see available is black?

At the present, black appears to be the only available color. Luckily that was my preferred choice. As an earlier poster said, it is a steal at this price.

Ankaa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
I'd be also interested in where one can get more colors :) There's only black and navy on amazon as far as I see

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
For anyone who has....honestly, how is the weight with it on?

Someone on Amazon said it goes to about 425g with the cover on.

-Kevin

BrianSoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2011
Houston, TX
For anyone who has....honestly, how is the weight with it on?

Someone on Amazon said it goes to about 425g with the cover on.

-Kevin

It's a case so you'll feel the weight, but only a little. It has a great feel to it though, I thought the naked Mini was sometimes uncomfortable to hold since it is so thin.

ame8199

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2011
I love this case! When you fold it back into the stand/typing feature...it holds with the magnet. I use a stylus and with the case closed, i can put the stylus on the front and it stays put (as long as their is metal on the stylus).

It does add some weight, but its not horrible. I think any case you put on the mini is going to add weight...its a given.

For the price, its an excellent case.

iPadMini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
America
Here are more pictures. Just realized you can only upload five per post.

Attachments

• DSC03276.JPG
    DSC03276.JPG
    265.5 KB · Views: 321
  • DSC03275.JPG
    DSC03275.JPG
    277.4 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC03274.JPG
    DSC03274.JPG
    324.3 KB · Views: 341
  • DSC03273.JPG
    DSC03273.JPG
    409.6 KB · Views: 356
  • DSC03277.JPG
    DSC03277.JPG
    312.9 KB · Views: 292

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Got this case yesterday from Amazon. Overall a very nice case for the price.

For me....it just added a little too much bulk and weight to the iPad mini. I know it sounds crazy.....but the lighter the mini is, the more noticeable any weight added to it is. For some....this is probably a thing thing.....not for me.

I love the mini's weight with just the Apple Smart Cover.....my only problem with the Apple cover is that the magnets are too weak.

But this Invellop case is nice.....just not for me.

My very rough unscientific weight measurements were:

iPad mini naked: 310g (Apple lists it at 308g)
iPad mini w/ Apple Smart Cover: 370g
iPad mini w/ Invellop case: 450g

iPad 2 naked: 590g (Apple lists at 601g)
iPad 2 w/ Apple Smart Cover: 740g

I read a lot at night.....and love the mini's weight and size.....so I really don't want to add any weight. I'm not looking for drop protection. I mainly bought the Invellop because of the stronger magnets. The magnets are much stronger than the smart cover magnets....and they DO hold when you flip the cover around to the back.

If someone could just make a smart cover knockoff with a magnet that is strong enough to securely hold onto the back of the mini.....I'd be sold.

-Kevin

Tikatika

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2012
Northern California
I'd be also interested in where one can get more colors :) There's only black and navy on amazon as far as I see

I received an email from Invellop yesterday advising that all colors that are available on the regular iPad case will be available for the Mini by pre-order this coming Monday.

ssmats

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2011
Corners of the ipad mini

Hi, Just wondering if this case protects the corners of the ipad mini against being dented in a fall?

I've got a case that I've been using which is quite a bit bulkier than the invellop smart case, but it has the fatal flaw of leaving the corners exposed and my ipad has dents at each corner from being dropped on the floor. :(

karatekidk

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2008
Pacific Northwest, USA
Just bought a red color case to couple with my new black 32GB mini. I think the product is totally descent of the price (about $15). Yes, it does add some bulk and weight, but again, for the price I don't have any complaints. I also bought a pack of clear screen protector from the same company.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.