Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MMM.PWR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2009
Milwaukee
And it's perfect. No dust, no screen discoloration, no dead pixels, and most importantly, seeing as this is a common issue - no backlight bleeding (yes, in a pitch black room with the brightness all the way up on a black screen).

Needless to say, I'm extremely satisfied right now with Apple.

Good luck out there.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
And it's perfect. No dust, no screen discoloration, no dead pixels, and most importantly, seeing as this is a common issue - no backlight bleeding (yes, in a pitch black room with the brightness all the way up on a black screen).

Good luck out there.

Not perfect....its still heavy.:eek:

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Not perfect....its still heavy.:eek:

That's silly. I have a Mini and appreciate the size. But I would never bash the iPads for their size. It's just not ideal for constant travel but is great at home or when you want to get more work done.

MMM.PWR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2009
Milwaukee
Here's a pic.

nobleedingipad.jpg

Ignore horizontal line, that's my dslr. And it's not underexposed either, that's how it looks, if not better.

MMM.PWR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2009
Milwaukee
You guys are worse than me. Kidding..

It is indeed a dead/stuck pixel.

...on my camera ;)

I just inspected the iPad and no dead pixels!!

plucky duck

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2012
The iPad is portable, just not as portable as the iPad mini. I don't have any issues bringing my iPad or 11" Air with me anywhere I go. Though having both in my murse I definitely feel the weight. Down the road I will pick up a Mini and replace my iPad for my on-the-road device and leave the iPad at home. The Air will still tag along.

Enjoy your new toy :)

businezguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2003

Good luck out there.

Congratulations on your new iPad. I'm sitting here with my new iPad 4 16 gig model and I couldn't be happier. Not only am I congratulating you, I'm using your thread as an excuse to be amazed with the new logitech keyboard I'm using with it as well. I highly recommend it. :D

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
happy with the quailty of the picture taking?

i have an ipad 2 and can't wait to get the 4...people say there is a big difference in quailty taking pics from the 2 to the 4.

MMM.PWR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2009
Milwaukee
I keep hearing complaints about the weight of the full sized iPad. I honestly can't imagine that being a factor unless you're using it standing up all day.

It may not be the lightest but it's a hell of a lot lighter than my 15" MBP. :rolleyes:

happy with the quailty of the picture taking?

i have an ipad 2 and can't wait to get the 4...people say there is a big difference in quailty taking pics from the 2 to the 4.
I haven't tested the cameras yet, however I did notice the front camera is extremely sharp..

thaikhoa

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2009
Here's a pic.

Ignore horizontal line, that's my dslr. And it's not underexposed either, that's how it looks, if not better.

You already got light bleeding (a lot) that clearly showed on the pic. Increase brightness to 100% you will see. Good top of the line iPad anyway.

ash211

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2012
You already got light bleeding (a lot) that clearly showed on the pic. Increase brightness to 100% you will see. Good top of the line iPad anyway.
When is light bleed an issue (watching dark movies in a dark room or what)? Why is light bleed so bad?

ash211

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2012
I don't understand why people say there is an issue with the 4 when comparing it to the 2 (it's about one tenth of a pound difference)...I do understand the weight difference between the mini and 4.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I keep hearing complaints about the weight of the full sized iPad. I honestly can't imagine that being a factor unless you're using it standing up all day.

It may not be the lightest but it's a hell of a lot lighter than my 15" MBP. :rolleyes:

I haven't tested the cameras yet, however I did notice the front camera is extremely sharp..

You obviously dont do much reading with it. I want to hold my ipad when I use it not set it on a table ... within a few minutes its just too heavy.

This is nothing new...its just become more highlighted with the onset of the mini. Despite what anyone says, IMHO the IP3 & 4 are too heavy.

I am sure Apple will get them down to the weight of a magazine, but until then they are fun but not a useful as they could be.

atthecross

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2007
congrats on the new purchase!!!

and with this post, i have hit the magical 250 post count to open the classified section to me! :D

MMM.PWR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2009
Milwaukee

please reread first post. I am no stranger to light bleeding. I went through 5 iPad 3s before "settling" for the best one I found. This one has zero light bleed. the picture was taken in a pitch black room with 100% brightness.

would you like to facetime with me so I can show you live? :rolleyes:

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
blacklight bleeding is a huge problem when watching movies with the horizontal letter boxes.

the first ipad 3 i bought had this issue in addition to pink tint. imagine backlight bleeding and pink tits while trying to focus and watch a movie. the apple store didn't even question my return - they said "wow" and immediately brought me a new one lol

MMM.PWR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2009
Milwaukee
I know, it's a huge issue. I was ready to go back to the Apple store as soon as I got my 4 from Fedex. But to my surprise it's actually pretty ***** amazing.

Here's another picture taken with an iPhone. It does not get any brighter than this.

To me, this is what I consider a perfect display - after experiencing such crappy ones in the past including dead pixels & discoloration.

nobleed2.jpg

Carry on now.. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.