Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
How old are you, 5? I take my iPad everywhere. I love the size, hence why I didn't get the Mini.

im 29. btw i dont use a bag at all when im outside, that means i have to grab the ipad everywhere i go and that's a hassle. but not for the mini.

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
im 29. btw i dont use a bag at all when im outside, that means i have to grab the ipad everywhere i go and that's a hassle. but not for the mini.
Well, you type like your 3 and talk like your 5. Might wanna work on that.

that means i have to grab the ipad everywhere i go and that's a hassle.

So grabbing your other iPad (with just a Mini attached) isn't? If grabbing it and holding onto it is a pain, you need to go to the gym.

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
Well, you type like your 3 and talk like your 5. Might wanna work on that.

So grabbing your other iPad (with just a Mini attached) isn't? If grabbing it and holding onto it is a pain, you need to go to the gym.

shut up bro. english is not my native language, so please bear with it.

i didn't say it's a pain, but when u dont use a bag, holding a full sized ipad for a long time is really a hassle, but not the mini. which is smaller in footprint and muh much more lighter.

oh and yeah, at least i know the difference between you're and your.

so you're the one who types like a baby.

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
shut up bro. english is not my native language, so please bear with it.

i didn't say it's a pain, but when u dont use a bag, holding a full sized ipad for a long time is really a hassle, but not the mini. which is smaller in footprint and muh much more lighter.

oh and yeah, at least i know the difference between you're and your.

so you're the one who types like a baby.
My apologies. I forgot a comma and an e, you forgot 2nd grade basics in spelling.

If English is not your main language, I suggest you don't get used to using "u", "i", etc as it leaves an unprofessional appearance of you.

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
My apologies. I forgot a comma and an e, you forgot 2nd grade basics in spelling.

If English is not your main language, I suggest you don't get used to using "u", "i", etc as it leaves an unprofessional appearance of you.

Sorry, I must interject. It's called a ******** apostrophe, not a comma.

And we're on an Internet forum. Who gives a rat's ass about professionalism? Seriously, get off your high horse.

Trat

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2010
So like the mini: could never go back holding a heavy and big new ipad with is low bad battery life. Hope it takes a couple if years before they put a retina display in it so battery life is guaranteed.

Whorehay

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008

Not a comma, apostrophe. Get your 2nd grade grammar in check :eek: I bet he speaks English better than you speak another language.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006

OK, I learned a lesson of american's culture about how to look professional on the internet forum. you have to use capital "I" to write I as in I Am, and you can't use "u" as in "You are awesome".

thank you..

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
OK, I learned a lesson of american's culture about how to look professional on the internet forum. you have to use capital "I" to write I as in I Am, and you can't use "u" as in "You are awesome".

thank you..

You've learned another lesson of American culture: sarcasm. Congratulations, you're a natural! ;)

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
yeah i agree.

when i looked at the Mini compared to an iPad Retina, it looked like i was staring at a Lenovo X120e screen.
now for someone like my girlfriend who has never owned a tablet and wanted something smaller and light, the Mini is great. so that's what i bought her.

the iPad 2 has turned into a server's tray at this point. $399 is a scam. just buy it refurb for $319

TofSanity

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2010
I went from a 3 to a 4 the 4 is awesome!!!
I purchased a 64gb this time since I found my comic & book collection was eating space

Bokes

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
I purchased a 64gb this time since I found my comic & book collection was eating space

I'm thinking of doing the same.
How is your screen quality?
I've heard there are issues with the iPad 4's screen bleeding and also something about video. This is kind of holding me back since the screen on my 3 is perfect.

I would love to discuss any known issues with the Apple employee, but they also play dumb.

Awakener

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2011
So like the mini: could never go back holding a heavy and big new ipad with is low bad battery life.

The "I cannot carry the iPad" comments are crazy. iPad is smaller than a standard paper tablet! It's about like carrying a professional planner or hardback book. People carry such things all day, every day.

DarwinOSX

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2009
I'd love to run a Mini with LTE but my aging eyes (53) really need a retina display. My iPad 4 is without fault in every way other than Verizon gouging for LTE service. At least I paid full price for my iPhone 5 so I have unlimited LTE on that. Planning on picking up a retina 13" MBP so I will have phone tablet and laptop all retina.

----------

The "I cannot carry the iPad" comments are crazy. iPad is smaller than a standard paper tablet! It's about like carrying a professional planner or hardback book. People carry such things all day, every day.

I agree. It's silly.

----------

If you are into reading comics on a tablet you should check out Andy Inhaktos blog.

----------

We'll wait and see…Apple loves to surprise everybody. :apple:

They can't change the laws of physics. No way to put a retina display in there for awhile unless they have a much thicker device with shorter battery life. I could personally live with that but I doubt Apple will make those sacrifices. It would also eat into their already slimmer than normal profit margin on the Mini.

----------

well at least i have my slower mini everywhere, oh and where's your ipad 4? oh it's being left at home because it's too big and cumbersome to bring it everywhere. LOL

Mine easily goes everywhere with me.
http://www.amazon.com/STM-Jacket-iP...8&qid=1353287386&sr=8-1&keywords=stm+ipad+bag

----------

I own both right now, but the more I use the mini the more I like it. At first I could not get past the screen, but using a difference browser definitely helps.

What browser are you using and why does that help?

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
I'd love to run a Mini with LTE but my aging eyes (53) really need a retina display. My iPad 4 is without fault in every way other than Verizon gouging for LTE service. At least I paid full price for my iPhone 5 so I have unlimited LTE on that. Planning on picking up a retina 13" MBP so I will have phone tablet and laptop all retina.

What browser are you using and why does that help?

I'm Using mercury browser and it makes a huge difference. so much sharper than safari. Bc of this, I'm going to keep my mini until retina display comes out.

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio

I agree! The extra little bit of weight and size are well worth the trade off compared to the screen on that other device.... I am so glad I returned mine and got the 4, I loved it as soon as i turned it. While I had the other I was constantly trying to make myself like it but couldn't...

DoubleSevens

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
Then..I saw the Mini. I laughed. The A5 is alot slower, the screen is laughable, and I read about the 512MB of RAM, which doesn't future proof the Mini at all.

It's great you got an iPad 4, but why be a complete condescending douche about the iPad Mini?

Laughable? - That statement actually makes me laugh. I have a Retina MBP 15, a 4S and an iPad 3. The mini screen is obviously not Retina, but my first impression was what the hell is wrong with people? How insecure are you about preference that you must pound specs into your own head to justify a purchase? The screen is completely adequate - not amazing - but functional. At no point did I think it would be useless.

As for future proofing...it's an Apple product. The mini will work, and work well for 2-3 years - I will no doubt upgrade by then because I can afford 300-500 every 2 years for a device I'll use daily. If you dont want to upgrade every few years, a tablet probably isn't a device for you...Hell even tech in general is something you should avoid. The days of owning products for 5-6 years is sadly coming to an end.

In response to speed and the A5 - it is now the most popular/used apple chip. If you think apps will not be optimized with the largest user demographic in mind, you are sorely mistaken. Someday the A6/A6X will be King, until then, you live in a world of the A5 (you will still get way better performance).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.