Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Got my Casewill vapor pro today.

Quality seems good (although I'm not quite sure if I really like this style case yet).

Amazing that, not only are they copying the design, putting the Element name on the thing, but it also came with a card saying that it was an authentic Element product!

When did you order it?

Presonance

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2010
Got my Casewill vapor pro today.

Quality seems good (although I'm not quite sure if I really like this style case yet).

Amazing that, not only are they copying the design, putting the Element name on the thing, but it also came with a card saying that it was an authentic Element product!

Can you tell us about the Vapor Pro's signal strength before and after case installation? I think that's the big question everyone's waiting to hear answered.

You can use "field test mode" to get exact readings for signal strength:
http://www.cultofmac.com/128306/access-the-hidden-field-test-app-for-iphone-ios-tips/

Last edited:

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
Element case shills are everywhere :D, damage control in full swing. :p

Your sense patriotism will be questioned, personal attacks will be hurled and if all else fails, mods will be alerted, lmao, it should be fun to watch the fur fly :D. no wonder thier cases cost so much more than chinese replicas, they gotta pay these guys.

Element case shill? Is there a sign up sheet?

I thought I just shilled my own cases. :rolleyes:

Iphone 2.2

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
What did you order and where?

I got the black/silver vapor pro spectra from caseswill. I found my tracking code and it is still in china. But I don't know why?! I ordered so long ago!

Vapor pro spectra in blue. I ordered from cases will.com

mikegoldnj

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2005
Can you tell us about the Vapor Pro's signal strength before and after case installation? I think that's the big question everyone's waiting to hear answered.

You can use "field test mode" to get exact readings for signal strength:
http://www.cultofmac.com/128306/access-the-hidden-field-test-app-for-iphone-ios-tips/

At my home, where cell signal is not great to begin with:

fluctuated between -113 and -102 with case

fluctuated between -112 and -101without case

Anecdotally, I had no issues accessing data or voice services with the case on while around my town.

Last edited:

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Element put money and time into R&D, marketing, and which your pals from China don't.

Your estimates of cost and price are anecdotal, and the development and marketing costs of an iPhone case are worlds apart from 'paintball parts', aesthetics, fit and finish notwithstanding.

Obviously, Element has provided value by designing a popular case - otherwise, why would people be rushing to buy the design? Element also did the work to ensure that their case didn't interfere with signal, unlike the knockoff.

This is why we can't have nice things. An American company does the innovation, a Chinese company copies it with none of the overhead and dubious quality, and you reward the ripoff with a purchase. Nice.

I'm just guessing, but you might whistle a different tune if you made paintball parts for a living, devised some neat feature and after hours and hours of testing and CNC work refining it, put it up on the market and a month later found it on paintballswill.com for less than your cost to make it. "lol black market products for the win!"

Yeah you're right, I probably would feel differently IF I was in the scenario you suggest. I however am not so BLACK MARKET PRODUCTS FOR THE WIN!!

When element can figure out how to manufacture a part and sell it at a more reasonable price I'll be happy to purchase from their company. By more reasonable price I mean sub $100 not $25.

How much money did Element make from their first design that basically screwed every one that bought it? Did they care that their product was affecting people's signal? Did they care that people were dropping $100 on their case and it basically became a paper weight OR made your phone a paper weight?

I have no pity for Element. Just ordered my fake from Ali Express ;)

Last edited:

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Yeah you're right, I probably would feel differently IF I was in the scenario you suggest. I however am not so BLACK MARKET PRODUCTS FOR THE WIN!!

When element can figure out how to manufacture a part and sell it at a more reasonable price I'll be happy to purchase from their company. By more reasonable price I mean sub $100 not $25.

How much money did Element make from their first design that basically screwed every one that bought it? Did they care that their product was affecting people's signal? Did they care that people were dropping $100 on their case and it basically became a paper weight OR made your phone a paper weight?

be sure to update with pics and a review when you get it!

Presonance

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2010
At my home, where cell signal is not great to begin with:

fluctuated between 1113 and -102 with case

fluctuated between -112 and -101without case

Anecdotally, I had no issues accessing data or voice services with the case on while around my town.

Thanks for the quick response, that's perfect!

How is the fit of the case?

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN

An inability to put yourself in 'someone else's shoes' is a warning sign of a sociopathic nature. :p

All the questions you pose are moot, as they have nothing to do with the argument, and you make it sound like Element was selling cases with no return policy. Pretty certain that wasn't the case.

Comes down to: you want the design, but don't want to pay for it. Why rationalize it with 'it's their fault'? :rolleyes:

mikegoldnj

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2005
Thanks. I wonder where mine is. I ordered on Oct. 28. Shipped Nov 2.

Did your shipping status update to show when it arrived in the USA? Or did it just show up in your mail box?

No, never saw any indication that it had arrived in the US.

----------

Thanks for the quick response, that's perfect!

How is the fit of the case?

The fit is fine. Seems like there is a bit of play/gap on the volume side (I can see daylight between the case and phone) but it feels secure.

As I said before, though, I'm not sure this style is for me but better to find that out on this "fake" case than on a $150 case.

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
No, never saw any indication that it had arrived in the US.

----------

The fit is fine. Seems like there is a bit of play/gap on the volume side (I can see daylight between the case and phone) but it feels secure.

As I said before, though, I'm not sure this style is for me but better to find that out on this "fake" case than on a $150 case.
Can you take any pics of the case?

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
An inability to put yourself in 'someone else's shoes' is a warning sign of a sociopathic nature. :p

All the questions you pose are moot, as they have nothing to do with the argument, and you make it sound like Element was selling cases with no return policy. Pretty certain that wasn't the case.

Comes down to: you want the design, but don't want to pay for it. Why rationalize it with 'it's their fault'? :rolleyes:

Of course it's their fault, they're the ones charging the overly high price!

Not rationalizing anything. You're right, I don't want to pay their overly high price and yeah, their designs are pretty good which makes me want to pick one up to see how I like it. Seems like you and I got me figured out pretty well.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Thanks. I wonder where mine is. I ordered on Oct. 28. Shipped Nov 2.

Did your shipping status update to show when it arrived in the USA? Or did it just show up in your mail box?

I've had it happen both ways with them and with other products coming from Asia. A Casetagram case was still showing "origin post is preparing shipment" in Singapore for a couple of hours after I had it in hand in FL.

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
Of course it's their fault, they're the ones charging the overly high price!

Not rationalizing anything. You're right, I don't want to pay their overly high price and yeah, their designs are pretty good which makes me want to pick one up to see how I like it. Seems like you and I got me figured out pretty well.

"Not rationalizing anything"/"their overly high price"

Yep. Not rationalizing anything. :rolleyes:

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
"Not rationalizing anything"/"their overly high price"

Yep. Not rationalizing anything. :rolleyes:
LoL, nope. Give me item a and Item b.... I'll buy the one that best fits my wishes for a product and at the most economic price. Sometimes that something is the most expensive, in times like this it's the one that hits my wallet the least. So sure, if you want to call that a rationalization you can.... It's obviously important to you to "win" so I'll give it to ya.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
This argument is never going to be settled this is a free country people will buy what they want, maybe they don't like the sector 5 look and wanted the vapor pro but element is not making that style for the iPhone 5 that's elements fault, I myself bought both the real sector 5 and fake vapor pro because I liked the look of the draco 5 the best but it killed my signal, the vapor looks more like the draco 5 but they don't offer that, they finally came out with a black sector 5 so I ordered that also because its sleeker looking

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Finally got an update on my shipping status. It shows the case is now in New York. (Processed through USPS sort facility as of Nov 19 12:00 PM).

Again, I ordered on Oct. 28. It shipped on Nov 2. No updates until today.

I'm guessing with USPS, it will take at least another 4 days, but maybe as long as a week.

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
LoL, nope. Give me item a and Item b.... I'll buy the one that best fits my wishes for a product and at the most economic price. Sometimes that something is the most expensive, in times like this it's the one that hits my wallet the least. So sure, if you want to call that a rationalization you can.... It's obviously important to you to "win" so I'll give it to ya.

To be clear, it's not what I call 'rationalization', it's the actual definition of 'rationalization'.

Thanks for the win. You are truly a gracious person.

Iphone 2.2

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
Finally got an update on my shipping status. It shows the case is now in New York. (Processed through USPS sort facility as of Nov 19 12:00 PM).

Again, I ordered on Oct. 28. It shipped on Nov 2. No updates until today.

I'm guessing with USPS, it will take at least another 4 days, but maybe as long as a week.

same here, i ordered my vapor pro on oct.31, and it shipped nov.2

was in origin preparing for shipment for ever and today it changed. its in virginia. Wonder how long it will take to get here to california.

damant

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2010
Just want to confirm that vapor pro style case has no adverse reaction to cellular signal !
It seems to be a bit thinner than the vapor pro version for the iPhone 4.
I love it.

Have fun...don't hate ;-)

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
In my humble opinion Element isn't offering the Vapor Pro for the iPhone 5 because the antenna design on the phone is different and not what the case was designed for. To me the case looses it's appeal because the functional design is completely arbitrary on the iPhone 5. The Sector 5 design if anything improves the signal from what I have experienced and have been reading. For this reason I would not buy the fake Vapor pro 5 at any price and I've already bought a real Sector 5 at it's high price.

No, I'm not a shill.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.