Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cnguyen0320

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2012
Early on, the iPhone was reported to have data leaks on all carriers where people were being charged for ridiculous amounts of data. I'm only going to be on 200mb of data so I can't afford data leak problems... Is it still around?

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
Early on, the iPhone was reported to have data leaks on all carriers where people were being charged for ridiculous amounts of data. I'm only going to be on 200mb of data so I can't afford data leak problems... Is it still around?

never had that issue here., rogers, canada

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
I think it was linked with LTE. Not sure if Canada has LTE yet but that may be why?

we have LTE, and fabulous speeds might i add. i just ran a speed test that shows 41.43mbps download & 26.09mbps upload.

a few people have been complaining in ROGERS forums, but i myself have not had any data leak. thank god cause i wouldn't want these crazy phone bills some are stuck with.

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
So you're still leaking data then?

Minimally, but yes.

I'm on an iphone 5, AT&T. I saw the issue with IOS6 on my IP4S too.
For years I used about 300mb a month, now I'm using about 500.

No LTE, so it's not LTE for me.

It's little bits at a time. Today, for example, I've been on Wifi all morning and have used 1MB.

cnguyen0320

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2012
Minimally, but yes.

I'm on an iphone 5, AT&T. I saw the issue with IOS6 on my IP4S too.
For years I used about 300mb a month, now I'm using about 500.

No LTE, so it's not LTE for me.

It's little bits at a time. Today, for example, I've been on Wifi all morning and have used 1MB.

Hmm that sucks. I might be switching to mobileshare at 10gb for 4 phones so then I'll be safe, but for now I'm stuck with a 200mb plan.

cnguyen0320

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2012
Definitely turn off data before using youtube. I watched my husband's phone eat through 100mb while on wifi while using youtube.

Dang that really sucks. I think when I get my i5 and it still has data leak problems, I'll document it and take the proof to AT&T.

scooter2525

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
I've been watching my Data Usage and I'll have little bits of MB here, or a KB there while on wifi. Not sure where the leak is going or how to stop it. iPhone 5 iOS 6.0.1

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
i never had the issue on at&t. it was a verizon issue on LTE that was acknowledged and fixed with an OTA update. i dont think it effected any other carriers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.