Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AznTakumi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
I am about to purchase one of these browsers but I'm conflicted between my choices which are Puffin, Skyfire or Photon. I just wanted to ask what do you guys suggest?

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
I am about to purchase one of these browsers but I'm conflicted between my choices which are Puffin, Skyfire or Photon. I just wanted to ask what do you guys suggest?

I use Photon. I love it. I have Skyfire too, and it isn't that great because it only streams videos and not flash websites.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011

Both three of them are great and, generally, the same, quality- and compaibility-wise, with some (subtle) differences. I'd get all of them if I were a Flash lover, just to be sure I always have one if the other player(s) don't / doesn't work because of a server outage.

Also see my posts and comparisons at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1470515/

AznTakumi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
Good Idea, I saw that skyfire was getting really lower reviews so I guess I'll just purchase photon and puffin.

SarahCat

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2014
Would any of these browsers support flash websites to some extent? I have been looking for that for a while. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.