Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lawler

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
Halifax, UK
When will it be available to pick up in Store without pre-order does everyone think?

Just spoke to Covent Garden and they are still saying 'Late November'...

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
Me: shipping 1-2 weeks, delivery 30th Nov to 7th Dec

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353161608.315915.jpg

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
Yep, just checked mine and its listed as 1-2 weeks, 4th December too. Let's hope that changes...

----------

Quick question. There seems to be two sets of delivery times:

30th Nov to 7th December
and
4th December

For those of you with the 30th November to 7th December option, are you just awaiting the iPad or is there anything else bundled with your order?

Mine is just the iPad mini. I ordered accessories separately to avoid the mini being delayed. They arrived first, oh the irony!

oli.watts

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2003
UK
Curious. Mine has a Smart Cover and Sim on the order. Neither have arrived early. Do you think cancelled them and leaving just the mini on it would make it arrive earlier?

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
Curious. Mine has a Smart Cover and Sim on the order. Neither have arrived early. Do you think cancelled them and leaving just the mini on it would make it arrive earlier?

I'd leave it if I were you. You're only talking about the difference of a few days and who knows what might happen if you changed it now.

oli.watts

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2003
UK
In case anyone's interested, removing the Smart Cover and SIM from my order means it should now be here in the 30th November - 7th December time frame.

I've got a feeling that it was the SIM card holding things up, but lets see if there's any change next week...

ctcampbell

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2012
In case anyone's interested, removing the Smart Cover and SIM from my order means it should now be here in the 30th November - 7th December time frame.

I've got a feeling that it was the SIM card holding things up, but lets see if there's any change next week...

Same here, deleted the sim and the order changed from 4th Dec to 30th - 7th.

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
So does that mean you guys were definitely going to get it on the 4th, now you may have to wait 'til the 7th?!

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
Ok so how about this for a theory:

Apple clearly have a standard window now for iPad mini deliveries in the UK: 30th Nov to 7th Dec. iPads will no doubt arrive throughout this period.

But by having multiple items in a single order, It looks like their retail system no longer applied the generic window and had to actually calculate a specific delivery date that they could commit to meeting: 4th December.

I think it quite likely therefore that most our minis will arrive on or before the 4th.

Wiggles

Suspended
Jul 20, 2010
I ordered at 8am at launch, but mine has slightly earlier dates.

iPad Mini cellular 64GB black
Dark grey smart cover

Dispatched in 1 - 2 weeks.
Delivers 26th Nov - 3rd Dec

Surface

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2012
Just deleted 3 nano sim from my order and my delivery dates have now updated to 26th to 3rd.

Davirdv

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2012
Something's afoot, I just tried to check the status (as I sadly do every morning lol) and I'm constantly met with this -

We're sorry, but our Order Status services are extremely busy right now. Please try again later.

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
Something's afoot, I just tried to check the status (as I sadly do every morning lol).

Thank god, i thought there was something seriously wrong with me checking my order status every day. Now it seems I am not alone hehe.

Will be mildly annoyed if I have to wait an extra week... Firstworldproblem!

Davirdv

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2012
Thank god, i thought there was something seriously wrong with me checking my order status every day. Now it seems I am not alone hehe.

Will be mildly annoyed if I have to wait an extra week... Firstworldproblem!

Not just the once either lol! It's completely a first world problem and there's far more important stuff.. But I don't care. I want my iPad lol

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
Hmmmm... I wonder what the holdup with mine is, store is back and its still on 30-7th Dec.

Must be real shortages of the cellular models!

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
Can't be bothered to wait 3 weeks for the 16gb black cellular mini I ordered yesterday.

Have decided to keep the 32gb white WiFi only I got by chance last week as it was the only one left in the store. No doubt a popular version if I decide to sell on when the retina version comes out sometime next year.

angrywaiter

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2007
Just got an email from apple. They're about to ship my order but they wanted to comp the pre-10:30 am delivery cost.

Looks like they are on their way!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.