Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Widgetal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
I've done a slightly over-involved party invitation using Keynote - it has about 20 slides and a music bed playing over the lot.

I have a few problems, though. When I export it as a Quicktime movie, the first slide holds for about 10secs whereas, on the normal presentation, it's only 2secs. This means the music goes completely out of sync.

Secondly, some of the slides are very quick for effect, or quite long as they contain important details. However, when exporting, I can't seem to keep those transition lengths - it wants to uniform them all.

If anyone can offer any help it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks.

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
When exporting to QuickTime file you should have the option to export using Fixed Timing, Manual Advance, or also Recorded Timing. Recorded Timing is an available option if you have taken the time to record your slideshow, which allows you to record a voiceover if you so choose, and also to control the amount of time spent on a particular slide.

macuser154

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2009
UK
As Jedi said. You could record your presentation. This allows you to advance the slide at the time you specify.

Widgetal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Actually that won't work - it records through the mic whilst it's doing it, so you can hear me clicking the mouse and, when it plays back, the music sounds awful.

I want Keynote to export a normal video file instead of a strange interactive Quicktime file.

macuser154

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2009
UK
Actually that won't work - it records through the mic whilst it's doing it, so you can hear me clicking the mouse and, when it plays back, the music sounds awful.

I want Keynote to export a normal video file instead of a strange interactive Quicktime file.

You can tell Keynote to not record through the mic. I have done this before, the movie is normal, not an "interactive" one.

pkiula

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2008
You can tell Keynote to not record through the mic. I have done this before, the movie is normal, not an "interactive" one.

How do you tell Keynote to NOT record mike sounds, and just the music playing on the computer along with the presentation?

(I don't record voiceovers, just need the exported movie to sync with the playing presentation. When played in Keynote, it's all in sync. But while exporting -- with "manual advance" but it's all automatic, not a single click is needed -- it exports out of sync.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.