Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyp350

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
On the bottom of the iphone their are what look like two speaker 'grates'. One each side of the dock connector. I just noticed today that sound only comes out of the larger one on the right. Is this correct or is the iPhone 5 meant to have dual speakers and my left one doesn't work. Sorry if this is a really stupid question but it just seems odd to have the holes there and no sound coming out.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Where do you think you talk into? I think people have forgotten that this is actually a phone as well and requires a mic that you talk into in order for the other person to hear you.

Anyway, sorry. Not trying to sound mean, but like Ty said, a new thread pops up every week asking this question. It's just hard to believe it's still being asked 6 iterations later.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Where do you think you talk into? I think people have forgotten that this is actually a phone as well and requires a mic that you talk into in order for the other person to hear you.

Anyway, sorry. Not trying to sound mean, but like Ty said, a new thread pops up every week asking this question. It's just hard to believe it's still being asked 6 iterations later.
It's like people don't see the second topic saying read before posting. The iPhone does that to people, makes them lose shreds of common sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.