Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use Passbook Regularly?

• Yes

Votes: 52 24.1%
  • No

Votes: 164 75.9%

• Total voters

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Nobody I know uses it, it's pretty much supposed to store your gift cards and stuff but it's more trouble than it's worth .

MVRL

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
I used it for the first time @ starbucks yesterday, but I dunno, they need to implement more shops, or it's just a gimmick..

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
Yes

Yes, I use it regularly. There are a few programs that will allow you to create your own passbook passes so this has helped. I do wish for more support at the moment but I think it will come. Everything is going mobile and the more businesses see this as a ad and sales opportunity the more we'll see.

There are also a few coupon apps out there now that support it. When grocery stores and food manufacturers recognize this potential I think you'll really start to see it take off.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
i use it, and i love it. i go to starbucks, bust out my phone, and the passbook notification is right there on the lock screen. one swipe, and i'm ready to pay. i don't have to worry about unlocking my phone, entering my pass code, or fumbling around trying to find and open the starbucks app. it's a win in my book any time you streamline the payment process.

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
I used it for the first time @ starbucks yesterday, but I dunno, they need to implement more shops, or it's just a gimmick..

ditto.. this is just like the newsstand app.. at least you can hide the passbook app in a folder

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
I use the Starbucks pass quite often and I've used my Best Buy Rewards card and Ralph's Market/Kroger card a few times. Waiting on Target and CVS to get their bar codes working.

joshuaginter

macrumors regular
May 19, 2011
Canada
It's hard to define regularly. I've used mine a couple times for boarding Air Canada flights, a few Starbucks trips and a couple Cineplex movies.

I voted yes, but I don't use the app every day. More along the lines of once a week.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I bought a $25 starbucks giftcard just to test it out when I got the phone on launch day. As of right now I still have $11 left on it if that tells you how much I use it.

The only other thing I have in there right now is a custom GameStop rewards card so I don't have to carry the physical one in my wallet. It needs more work and expanded uses for it to be useful to me.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
i use it, and i love it. i go to starbucks, bust out my phone, and the passbook notification is right there on the lock screen. one swipe, and i'm ready to pay. i don't have to worry about unlocking my phone, entering my pass code, or fumbling around trying to find and open the starbucks app. it's a win in my book any time you streamline the payment process.

I used it Starbucks to look cool but really I save what 10 seconds to bust out my Starbucks card?

iPusch

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
Manhattan, New York
I used it for my boarding pass of Lufthansa and it did its job amazingly.

But does Lufthansa even have flights all over the planet, I mean they are famous for speak german on all of their flights lol...but unlikely that's not a booking point to me, since I don't speak german haha. :cool:
Is American Airlines Passbook ready? anybody has a clue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.