Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djinferno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012
I have a macbook pro 15 early 2011 model 2ghz i7 and i have upgraded to 8gb ram...my macbook is always connected wirelessly to the internet and i have tried ALL browsers. Safari 6.0.2, Google Chrome and Firefox and all suffer the same problem.. They all start to freeze and get very slow. I am constantly having to reload pages even when playing games on facebook... I have upgraded to mountain lion and it seems to have become worse... this is my first time with a mac and to be honest this is starting to sway me back to a pc.. it is not just sometimes it is doing it everytime..please help me fix this

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
it did it with the old ram also...

How many tabs do you have open?

Have you tried installing flash block in chrome or Firefox, or click to flash in safari? Adobe flash content on the Mac is a HUGE resource hog, I pretty much don't use it.

djinferno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012
it can happen with one tab only.... and no i havent but i will give them a try

djinferno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012
still happening even just opening this page took forever and seem to freeze half way through loading

djinferno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012
I am also noticing that some applications are freezing as well... I am a dj and have the serato software and lately i get the program freezing and the little apple beachball for a good 30 sec to a minute

djinferno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012
i did hardware test it is all fine no problems .. I also verified permissions and verified disc and there were no issues... i just dont understand what could be causing it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.