Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leahswift

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2012
wow this is so great!
I always drop my phone and I have been searching for a full protection case for long
though I am not buying iphone 5 ~_~

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
Not a fan of the jellybean home button sticker but that looks nice. Are you using a rear protector as well? Asking because of the aired-out texture around the Apple logo and iPhone name.

yup, its a matte dry apply back protector, got it for only $8 when i was travelling in taiwan also for the case its smoke clear sorry for not mentioning :D

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
I'm over this case. It's a well made one that I wanted to enjoy but it's a dust trap if you have the clear one anyways! The dust that keeps collecting around the perimeter in the shamfered edges is really annoying because that's all I keep focusing on and I can't stop but noticing it. :mad:

The problem would transfer over to the black and white non-clear ones too.. who knows what might get stuck in there and scratch the chamfer edge :eek:

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Question for Floss

Okay so with all the cases you've tried, is this your "go to" case or do you swap back and forth with other cases? If so, what are your top favorites?

----------

Does anyone have the white one? I want to see some non-official pictures :0 why does this case have to be so overpriced x_x

Anyone with the white case? Please share photos.

WuMyster

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Received my clear and love the engineering and thought on this case. Unfortunately mine came with scratches and small dent-like-things. The case is so hard to get off as well!

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Received my clear and love the engineering and thought on this case. Unfortunately mine came with scratches and small dent-like-things. The case is so hard to get off as well!

This is surely disappointing to hear. I, for one, want a perfect product at least initially for anything I pay full price for. I have no problem when the decision is in my corner to purchase a defective item for a discount. But for anything else when I purchase it for full price, I'm not willing to accept a product with defects.

I have this case coming in white and will definitely be returning if the product fails to meet my expectations.

WuMyster

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
I just received a replacement clear air jacket today. My first one had some very light scratches on the corner. I didn't even notice them when I put it on the phone. I never even used it. I took it off to use another case and that's when I saw them. Anyway, I got a new one and don't need 2. If anybody is interested in buying it at a good discount let me know. Here is a pic of it. Like I said, on the white phone I didn't even see it. Pm me if you are interested.

How did you get a replacement.

floss

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2009
For those having difficulty removing the case, just do it exactly as shown in the PS website diagram:

NEb6t.gif

Shouldn't be a problem when executing it this way.

Okay so with all the cases you've tried, is this your "go to" case or do you swap back and forth with other cases? If so, what are your top favorites?

I've never felt the need to switch to another case, i've had the Air Jacket on my iPhone since I acquired it. This and the noot are my favorites. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I like that the noot sufficiently covers the entire chamfer of the phone, but with no lip so it maintains the utmost slimness. It also covers all the buttons, which are pleasingly tactile.

I'm a sucker for sleek and minimal aesthetics though and I find that the Air Jacket easily wins in that department while remaining very practical. I feel that it probably has better drop protection with its rigid frame (i've read of 1 account where the noot failed to protect the iPhone from a short drop.) Also, the rubberized texture feels nicer and higher quality in the hand than any case i've tried. I've gotten used to the button recesses and I have no problem blowing out dust that fall in the gaps, so I could live with those attributes.

I also have a Diztronic and SwitchEasy Tones case. The Diztronic's buttons are a bit hard to press and it has an ugly logo and branding on the back. The Tones is a little thicker than all of these cases and the hard plastic feels and looks kind of cheap imo. Otherwise, they're both great cases.

Most other cases for the iPhone 5 i've found have glaring peeves, aesthetically or functionally, that keeps me from checking them out, and i've researched them pretty extensively. For instance, I really like the look of the wooden/bamboo/paper cases by Twig and Grove but they're all way too thick and clunky for my tastes.

I'm pretty much set with the Air Jacket. The only other case I think looks promising is the Slimline bumper. This with a full body protector or wrap seems like it would be the ultimate minimal solution that also protects the entire phone from scratches.

----------

I have this case coming in white and will definitely be returning if the product fails to meet my expectations.

Let us know your impressions!

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
For those having difficulty removing the case, just do it exactly as shown in the PS website diagram:

Shouldn't be a problem when executing it this way.

I've never felt the need to switch to another case, i've had the Air Jacket on my iPhone since I acquired it. This and the noot are my favorites. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I like that the noot sufficiently covers the entire chamfer of the phone, but with no lip so it maintains the utmost slimness. It also covers all the buttons, which are pleasingly tactile.

I'm a sucker for sleek and minimal aesthetics though and I find that the Air Jacket easily wins in that department while remaining very practical. I feel that it probably has better drop protection with its rigid frame (i've read of 1 account where the noot failed to protect the iPhone from a short drop.) Also, the rubberized texture feels nicer and higher quality in the hand than any case i've tried. I've gotten used to the button recesses and I have no problem blowing out dust that fall in the gaps, so I could live with those attributes.

I also have a Diztronic and SwitchEasy Tones case. The Diztronic's buttons are a bit hard to press and it has an ugly logo and branding on the back. The Tones is a little thicker than all of these cases and the hard plastic feels and looks kind of cheap imo. Otherwise, they're both great cases.

Most other cases for the iPhone 5 i've found have glaring peeves, aesthetically or functionally, that keeps me from checking them out, and i've researched them pretty extensively. For instance, I really like the look of the wooden/bamboo/paper cases by Twig and Grove but they're all way too thick and clunky for my tastes.

I'm pretty much set with the Air Jacket. The only other case I think looks promising is the Slimline bumper. This with a full body protector or wrap seems like it would be the ultimate minimal solution that also protects the entire phone from scratches.

----------

Let us know your impressions!

I should have the white PS on Tuesday, so I'll be sure to pipe in with my two cents.

Have you tried the Noot bumper style with the frosted back? At this point, it's my favorite case. It's a tad thicker than the slim Noot but has a stiffer feel, better bottom cutouts, no logo, very slight lay down protection and all around top notch quality. I tried a different bumper without a back, but in my opinion, I didn't like the feel in my hand of the indent from the bumper to the back of the iPhone. With the Noot, you have the best of both worlds - bumper protection with back. This back is frosted so you can still see the logo but is totally scratch resistant.

millerhifi

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Los Angeles Ca
The problem would transfer over to the black and white non-clear ones too.. who knows what might get stuck in there and scratch the chamfer edge :eek:

It doesn't scratch the chamfer edge if you just leave it alone however, because I tend to remove the case every 4-5 days to clean the phone, that's when the chamfered edges are getting marred. :(

floss

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2009
I should have the white PS on Tuesday, so I'll be sure to pipe in with my two cents.

Have you tried the Noot bumper style with the frosted back? At this point, it's my favorite case. It's a tad thicker than the slim Noot but has a stiffer feel, better bottom cutouts, no logo, very slight lay down protection and all around top notch quality. I tried a different bumper without a back, but in my opinion, I didn't like the feel in my hand of the indent from the bumper to the back of the iPhone. With the Noot, you have the best of both worlds - bumper protection with back. This back is frosted so you can still see the logo but is totally scratch resistant.

I really like the look of the white on white.

I haven't tried the noot bumper case honestly because i'm not a huge fan of how it looks. It seems to be of solid quality though and I trust noot.

Floss. I've tried that and im telling you. It is hard as hell to get it out.

Interesting. In this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyKgyhe6Xas, the guy seems to take it off and put it on with ease. Maybe some cases are tighter than others.

TheRock88

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2009

Just wondering, but can you post a pic of your phone with the Noot bumper?

WuMyster

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Anyone getting some random white bits under the case? Annoying as hell seeing as mine is clear on a black iphone

wandergirl

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2012
Power Support Clear Silicone Jacket

I've read through this entire thread and don't believe there has been any mention of the PS Clear Silicone Jacket for the iPhone 5 and I just wondered if anyone had experience with it. Here's a link to the PS site:

http://www.powersupportusa.com/catalog/product/view/id/1084/s/clear-silicone-jacket-set/category/413/

And a link to eBay with more/better photos of the case:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/F-S-New-Power-Support-Silicone-Jacket-Set-iPhone-5-Natural-PJK-11-iPhone5-Japan-/271088708548?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item3f1e256bc4

I've been researching incessantly for a cover for my first iPhone, have changed my mind numerous times about what I want, and believe I'm more confused than when I started. I've considered the Diztronic Clear Frosted TPU, Luvvitt Frost, Speck Candy Grip (Harbor Blue), RooCase in white (ripoff of Poetic Atmophere that supposedly doesn't stain the white trim), SGP bumpers in White, etc, etc, etc. My ideal is a case that won't show fingerprints, is frosted clear, has a small lip over the front screen, feels nice in the hand (soft to the touch but firm?), and won't obscure my white iPhone 5's good looks. I'm also considering the Bodyguardz screen protector. The Power Support Silicone Jacket looks great except I'm not sure I like the coverage of the home button. And I can't find reviews of it anywhere unless I'm searching in the wrong way. Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
The person beside me said, when I read this post aloud, "You sound exactly like them."

Thanks.

I've read through this entire thread and don't believe there has been any mention of the PS Clear Silicone Jacket for the iPhone 5 and I just wondered if anyone had experience with it. Here's a link to the PS site:

http://www.powersupportusa.com/catalog/product/view/id/1084/s/clear-silicone-jacket-set/category/413/

And a link to eBay with more/better photos of the case:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/F-S-New-Power-Support-Silicone-Jacket-Set-iPhone-5-Natural-PJK-11-iPhone5-Japan-/271088708548?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item3f1e256bc4

I've been researching incessantly for a cover for my first iPhone, have changed my mind numerous times about what I want, and believe I'm more confused than when I started. I've considered the Diztronic Clear Frosted TPU, Luvvitt Frost, Speck Candy Grip (Harbor Blue), RooCase in white (ripoff of Poetic Atmophere that supposedly doesn't stain the white trim), SGP bumpers in White, etc, etc, etc. My ideal is a case that won't show fingerprints, is frosted clear, has a small lip over the front screen, feels nice in the hand (soft to the touch but firm?), and won't obscure my white iPhone 5's good looks. I'm also considering the Bodyguardz screen protector. The Power Support Silicone Jacket looks great except I'm not sure I like the coverage of the home button. And I can't find reviews of it anywhere unless I'm searching in the wrong way. Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.