Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xlost6

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
It's down here in The First State Delaware too :( It went down around the time I was getting off work. Around 3PM.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
It would be fine if iMessages just went out and didn't work at all, but this is what is happening with me:

I will send out a message and it appears to have been sent (blue chat bubbles, normal sounds, no error message). Then, 5 minutes later, the blue chat bubble changes to green.

Hope I'm not charged for these.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Everyone, I really don't see the point in mentioning your location... :confused:

So people know where the outages are...if the outage only happened in one state or city, you can see that it isn't a nationwide/global issue. People who iMessage others from Europe to the USA can see why their messages haven't been delivered.

It isn't that hard to figure out why people would list their locations if you just think about it.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
What makes you think i give them money?

Oh sorry, I guess I mistook you for someone who had an actual reason to complain about iMessage being down. :)

----------

So people know where the outages are...if the outage only happened in one state or city, you can see that it isn't a nationwide/global issue. People who iMessage others from Europe to the USA can see why their messages haven't been delivered.

It isn't that hard to figure out why people would list their locations if you just think about it.

Actually, it doesn't help because iCloud features aren't generally region specific, except for countries (like Saudi Arabia) where they're disabled as a course of law.

Apple's servers are really in only two locations, and they serve all users regardless of where you are. So if it's down for only some, then it's probably more random, not based on location.

What might help are if we get word from people who have it working, if any. Then find out if there's something different about those setups.

wildonrio

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2008
Is it working for anyone at all? I expected someone to say that it's working fine, but not yet. Looks like Apple should change Affected Users from "Some" to "All".

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Been down for me on and off over past several hours in Canada.

Just has a 5 minute conversation that switched between iMessage and SMS several times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.