Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

texasmccoy

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
Montgomery County, Texas
I have a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard 10.6.8, with itunes 10.7. It's causing annoying issues with my iphone 4 and I want to downgrade back to itunes 10.6.3, which I have successfully downloaded the dmg file from the apple website. But when I try to go through the installation wizard thing, it won't let me because I already have the newer version of itunes on my Mac. All the info I'm finding on the web on how to do this is in regards to Windows (bleah!) :mad: and I'm about ready to yank my hair out trying to find relevant information. Can anyone out there tell me how to do this, or if it is even possible? Maybe I'm overthinking this...? Forgive me if this is a lame noob question. :confused:

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
There is no compatibility issue between your iPhone and iTunes 10.7. It sounds like you have damaged your iTunes database in some fashion. Create a new account and then run iTunes using the same credentials from the new account.

beauregard

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2012
Southern California
MisterMe and MCAsan are exactly right. You're headed in the wrong direction. You should consider upgrading to Mountain Lion. Whenever a new release of Apple software is released, you should opt to install it.

By the way, iOS 6 on your iPhone requires iTunes 10.7 in order to sync, install, restore, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.