Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use Passbook Regularly?

• Yes

Votes: 52 24.1%
  • No

Votes: 164 75.9%

• Total voters

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I still haven't really figured it out. But I don't think I'll benefit from it to much. Only time I see a smartphone scanned is mobile boarding passes which generally bring the queue to a crawl when boarding a flight.

Applefan17

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2012
Even though it isn't advertised as such. I think it is safe to say that Passbook is more or less in a beta-like state. I'm sure as more companies adopt the technology, it will become the norm and everybody will be whipping out there smartphones for all of their coupons/passes. But for now, it seems like more of a novelty, considering some of the awkward looks you get for having the employees scan your iPhone.

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
Ive used it for starbucks a lot but that is about it... But i can see myself using it A LOT with my yearly dose of gift cards to restaurants i get for Christmas every year. Half the time i never use them because i leave them at home all the time.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
Used it today for the first time at Starbucks. Not a time saver though since it didn't pop up on my lockscreen even though I have the location saved as a favorite.

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
Just because you might not use an app doesn't make it useless.
Some people might actually use them.
So please, keep those juvenile comments to yourself. You're making yourself look....less.

My wife uses Walgreens all the time. I use Starbucks occasionally.
Its great to have it if I need it.

An old saying:
Its better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
But does Lufthansa even have flights all over the planet, I mean they are famous for speak german on all of their flights lol...but unlikely that's not a booking point to me, since I don't speak german haha. :cool:
Is American Airlines Passbook ready? anybody has a clue?

Don't know about American (not flying with them until after they get out of bankruptcy and are a stable company for at least six months), but United is passbook enabled and it works well.

EDIT: Apparently American supports it too.

Garen

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2010
Los Angeles Area
Not used it yet as matter of fact I haven't even open the app. But I must say just reading about it sure sound interesting/promising

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
That would be a great use for lots is people. Something people could use more than airplane tickets.

It would be awesome... especially if it came up in notification centre as you entered the train station, and again when you arrived at your destination if it has a ticket barrier.

It'd save me fumbling round with tickets and my student rail card too!

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
it drains your battery when you set up location services with it and the starbucks app. I guess it needs to check your location periodically to see if you are near the store. All that just to have it show up on your lock screen.

Easier to just open the app.

It did come in handy once to store some theme park tickets, but htat is about it.

MassiveAttack

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2010
New York
just because you might not use an app doesn't make it useless.
So please, keep those juvenile comments to yourself. You're making yourself look....less.

My wife uses walgreens all the time. I use starbucks occasionally.
Its great to have it if i need it.

an old saying:

nfc

----------

I guess apple should just place a starbucks logo on the passbook app based on everyones comments.

Thats basically all it's good for.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
I still don't even get what the hell it is or how it even works. No matter where I look I can't get a clear explanation. How the heck do I use it?

Matthew9559

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2007
Cleveland, OH
Nope, nothing I use is available with it.

I did flight recently with Delta and used their app for my boarding pass and was very disappointed to see that it wasn't a "Passbook" app.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Just because you might not use an app doesn't make it useless.

My wife uses Walgreens all the time. I use Starbucks occasionally.
Its great to have it if I need it.

An old saying:

What are you talking about? I have yet to see any juvenile responses. I have not used it, no need to use it, at this point is't a gimmick like others have said.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.